Trophy Seeker Genny Report 8-11 Evening (w/ pic)

Didn't leave the dock until just after 6pm today. Took out my buddy Dan and his 10 year old daughter Julia for her first Lake O salmon trip. Ran straight out and set up in 80 feet and worked out deeper from there. In about 90 feet the screen started to light up. Worked 90 to 125 feet for over an hour before Julia's first salmon, a skipper on a Brad's cut plug behind a 10" flasher on the deep rigger. Shortly after we had a nice rip on the wire and Dan landed a nice teenager on a Crazy B!tch Spin Doctor / Fly combo. Just before dusk Julia was the first to notice the center rigger go, and skillfully landed another nice teenager again on the Brad's off the deep rigger. The first teenager had a very large lamprey attached (it's much smaller now) and the second teenager had a funky jaw - see below. Couldn't get a spoon to go. All in all not a bad night of fishing (3 for 3) for a couple of hours. I think Julia will be back out with us.

This was just my second trip out with the new boat. So far it has performed awesome for me. I'm very happy with her - just need to sell the old one now...

Julia and me with her King:

qvUOr.jpg