Is this bear S!*T?

711skwerlz

I recently purchased a new house with a few acres. While checking out the land boundries(recently surveyed) I found this.

I know it is hard to be 100% on this. I consider my self fairly knowledgeable in the woods. Could be coyote,fox as i know they eat berries and seeds. But the size of this has thrown me. this was found 50 yds from the house. Bears are not common here but possible, a few killed on sugarhill the last couple years. (3 miles away)

KoD3J.jpg

The quater was not found there i put it there for size reference. Otherwise I would have grabbed a bag and started tracking :lol:

HEY I WANY MY QUARTER BACK !!!! THE DOCTOR SAID IT WOULD PASS....

there are 2 ways to make shure taste test ,or ask me .....................if its a 2008 or older quarter its "bushes fault" ,if its newer it could be your stimulas money ,but still bushes fault..

OK

on the other hand its not unuasual for a bear to have a 20 mile reange tho 5 mi is the norm around here moseying around lookin for food and a little fun lovin (wanna borrow my rug and some bear in heat sent)

PS type in (search) "bear fight in corning" before ya sent up

I would have to agree that it was RAY K who did the "DO" . He must have went there to put an offer in on the house before you. I mean who else "BUTT RAY" would wipe with 3 quarters instead of a dollar bill JUST to save .25 cents? And I know Ray puts cranberries & nuts in his morning raison bran cereal. And there is no hair in it just ON it. CASE SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

PS Ray tell me you did not keep 2 off the quarters you "LEFT BEHIND"

Ray can't tell what kind of berries they are. Tried sniffing them but I haven't smelled anything quite like that. What should I look for come season, The house is situated between two swamps and looks to be a travel corridor for deer and now bear. Would love to stick one with my bow. If left alone will it return year after year.

just rinse off a couple give im to the wife and have her taste and identfy....sumer feeding and fall could be two diff areas .... there has to be some good thick stuff for winter sleep (males dont den up or log up they sleep in thick areas) looks pretty fresh so yer not too far from its source if the bear is traveling natural ,there slow walkers (carefull) often step in exact tracks day to day..

jus do yer homework on arrowing a bear no expandables unless its a perfect shot.

a little turkeycorn might keep a bear happy and black sunflower seeds are their favorate from bird feeders.

After wackin one with a gun ill never do it again maybe a jumbo with a bow might get me thinking.. but the excitement and the thrill of the hunt (I stalked mine in the snow) is one i wouldnt deprive or tell someone not to do.. i like to eat what i kill and bear ant to tasty.

Ray, you might has well add any game animal out west to that list. I didn't care for the elk or antelope I killed and won't chase them anymore for the same reason. I tried to feed the antelope meat to my dog, and he wouldn't touch it! :P