wanetta

my brother in law caught and I netted our first ever musky today! his first trip to wanetta , my second. nothing huge (38), but pure excitement! he was useing a $4 slugo!!! in white color. it was nasty weather rain and wind. he is going to post a picture.

bob13

those bogagrips and vertical holds aren't the best but nice one. you hooked yet? i have to people that the easiest way to get a musky sometimes is to go bass fishing. pretty neat huh? was that the north end? nitro asked if you guys could be his fishing guide next time down you go to waneta. he is very jealous of your fish.

Zach,

:) I am SO hooked. I cannot tell you how much fun that was. Couldn't sleep last night.

Thank you for the feedback on the grip. I should know better and I do apologize to any one this offended.... First musky excitement I guess. I was able to release her quickly to fight again. Future lifting will be the correct way!

Zach / Nitro - When are you going again? Got to get Bob (Bob13) one. (of course, I need that rush again as well)

Mike

nitro asked if you guys could be his fishing guide next time down you go to waneta. he is very jealous of your fish.

:lol: yes i am! been so long since I've been on the hunt that i think I've forgotten how it goes :o

after all this chatter I might have to cut out of work early and do some evening hunting...aug is a good time to night fish there

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Hey nitro...i`ll be down there on sundayI`m taking A guy from delaware out,he`s is coming up for vacation and and asked about musky in the area(think he said he`s only caught one b4)..See if we can get`em hooked up.(possibly sat evening as well.)Maybe see ya out there.Hey zach...my rockets are being clearcoated and once dry i hope to have them this wknd.I never got out yesterday!!Kevin needs to look at my starter!!!Cya

sol

going tonite...the week is going to get progressively worse work-wise. sunday is a no go, daughters BD. saturday eve is my only chance...hopefully i will get out.

good luck with the starter...at least those are easy to replace.

nitro- look shallow as that is where i saw most of my fish last time in addition to the normal spots. good luck and i have done well at night this year. i throw topwaters at dusk and cranks after dark imo. lex and i are going thursday night and all day friday to test my new cranks, she needs to get out. she hasn't gone since the opening day tourney and needs to hear that reel rip zzz, zzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, fish-on baby!!! wish her luck b/c she needs a fish as bad as nitro does ;) . nitro- i think u need one of my bucktails, i did this one for solgrande as a sucker color-

FrD6J.jpg

this is a bluegill color crank i gave him to try out also-

FrS4A.jpg

FrUzJ.jpg

its looks like a waneta killer for sure.

nitro- look shallow as that is where i saw most of my fish last time in addition to the normal spots. good luck and i have done well at night this year. i throw topwaters at dusk and cranks after dark imo.

thanks zach, yeah i was going to concentrate pretty tight to the weed edges... but are thinking even shallower, like closer to the inside edges?

inside edge was where i got 2 blow-ups on topwater in 10 casts last time out. right where the lily pads end and the weeds begin in like 4fow. bob- i have a starter solinoid go on me last year and it took 15 minutes to change if that is your problem.

hey sweet-lips, i dont know where lexie and i are going but we are leaving thursday night and are gonna be out until saturday. i know she likes chautauqua better than waneta so i will leave it up to her on where we go. her and i need some time together b/c with a 2 year old it is very limited. i am just her driver and net man when we go out and i love it that way. i learned my lesson last year. after she got 3 fish in a couple hours i took the next hit and it ended up being a 44" and all of hers were 31's and 32's. i got to here about that all year. she sits there and reads and does work until a clicker goes off, shes not much of a caster as of yet. so if i get down to waneta i will call u sweet-lips. breakfeast sounds awesome if we are down there, thanks!

gjTb9.jpg

perch colored bucktail. i use the best materials i can get my hands on. i think marabou has no equal in the water, 3/0 up front and heat shrunk 5/0 in back, every series of wraps is glued in and the final wraps are epoxied (these don't come apart!) and i try hard to make the smallest "head" as i can w/ the final wraps. newer holographic blades look neat imo, been tying bucktails since i was 14 years old.

gave it a go last night, but it was a short one...got on the water damn near dark. tried casting as long as i could but not having any time to scope out the weed pockets meant every cast was fouled in seconds. gave trolling around the edges a try too. that fouled up just as quick too. the grass down there is horrible...I don't remember it being this bad ever.

nothing in open water either...not even bait. just a few that must have been SM deep off swarthout. oh well, good to be on the water but zach you may want to think hard about making it chaut this week

she knows i would marry her tomarrow but she says why rush it. as long as she remains committed i don't push it too much. she likeS going fishing for events like just driving to a lake that isn't near home, she loves the time spent together, she loves some of the talks we get into when the fish just aren't jumping on the hooks, she loves the vineyards and all the grapevines on the drive down. for me, all i think about is fishing, fishing, fishing, muskies, muskies, muskies and she goes for the whole experience and fish are just a bonus. she reminds me to do that when i get all frustrated between hits and g*d forbid i see someone else catch a musky, i get all goofy. i start b*tching and complaining, saying what are they doing differant than me? how come i'm not getting any??? and she reminds me to just enjoy the lake and the company of each other and enjoy just even being out. its funny b/c she has only caught muskies in her limited fishing career. if you asked her how to catch a bass, walleye, crappie or anything else she would be lost but when we go out she wants certain lures in certains colors out. i narrow down the colors and lures some and let her pick and choose 3 of them to run. i run one of my choices but the rest are here choices. thinking 95% south basin chautauqua to take her. her and i do well down there and have done some good #'s in that south end. i guarantee you guys $5.00 she picks a white lightning color tuff shad to run first ;) .

Z-Well good luck, wherever you end up.....If you are at the big pond, give me a holla!! Nitro, the weeds/grass or anything else floating has made me want to put on my downrigger....It is constant cleaning of the poles (even when they are dipped)....Z-did you get my e-mail of the "Great White Fisherman"....what a d-bag....sorry, I had to say it... :lol:

good luck to anyone going out the next couple of days! off to chautauqua to try to get lex some fish! she wants to beat her personal best 2x this year. she hasn't been out since she got her new best during the first tourney, she has yet to lose one also. thats alot more than i can say for myself.