==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

Did anyone happen to hear the IDIOT on channel 68 last saturday in Oswego? I've been listening to this guy the last 3 years, every year it's the same routine, trying to fire people up, and it sounded like he got under several fishermans skin. I say try to ignore him and hopefully he'll go away. One guy had his young son with him and finally told him to get off the radio and SHUT UP!! even then he kept at it. He obviously can't catch any fish with all that time on his hands to harrass people. To bad he's such a coward and hides behind a microphone!!!

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Yes, I heard the trash on the radio..... For the last 3 years as well. I do not enjoy listing to the language...... It is real sad we have to spend our time off silencing to

this. I fished for 4 days and did alright(11 fish with the largest about 22lbs). Was

it slow at time, YES.... BUT the radio is a tool..... not to be abused.

I have been up a to oswego a couple times in the past few years and have heard him every single time I have gone up there for the fall derby. I could not believe some of the words/phrases that were coming out of his mouth.

I used to monitor 68, but have since taken it out of scan and told people who don't already know to find me on 78 or one of the other channels used around Mexico Bay and Oswego. 68 has gotten completely out of hand and the things being said on there are not what a little kid trying to enjoy a day of fishing needs to hear. Just for giggles, I put it back in scan a few weeks ago, but had to take it out again within 30 minutes. Nobody needs to hear that garbage any day of the week, especially when you're on the lake trying to relax.

Okay, the guy's abusive and everyone wishes he would cut the crap. BUT...this board is not for posting threats, as innocuous or joke-like as they may be.

Remember: #1. Family website, #2. Law enforcement is watching.

'Nuff said.

newer radios put out a sorta a IP address if and when the C.G. updates their equip. they can identify the radio and if they sent in their warrenty card the number is on it...and trace it to the regesterent (Thats why i didnt mail in mine :lol: ) but im shure he has a old radio...my radio has a" off "position that comes in handy at times..

While we're on the topic of radio chatter, did anyone happen to be monitoring Channel 21 and 22 on Saturday, early afternoon? Sounds like there was a boat taking on water, which TowBoatUS went out to get, but then later, it sounded like a search operation on 21. I heard one boat say they recovered (2) people which jumped overboard. Anyone know what that was about? I saw on the news the boat that overturned in Oneida Lake, but this talk was too close to Oswego, as I was hearing majority of the transmissions on 21. I think Oneida would be too far away to hear anything going on down there.

Now to chime in, I am thankful I am deaf. This is not a joke as some of you know me Im totally DEAF in both ears. I cannot hear any garbages out there. Imagine the silence I always enjoy whenever Im out there. Although, I do wear hearing aids occassionally mainly because I enjoy listening to the music on the radio. ;)

The fellow on Oneida died, and his son was found clinging to the overturned boat, was what we had heard.

Oneida can blow up REAL fast. Seen it happen in 20-30 min.

1 ft'ers to 4 ft'ers.

Scott

Got a good sugestion. Call the FCC. VHF radios are regulated just like any other broadcast, they are not CB(citizen band). There was an incident around Cleveland a few years ago, sounds similar, that guys were abusing and cursing on the radio. FCC tracked them down. I can't remeber the specifics, but it wasn't a cheep date for some pranking.

They can home in on a signal. Sound man from a band I played in had a little FM radio station under the rules and got hammered big time. They zeroed right in on that deal. I imagine they could do the same on the abuser with enough complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

On the coast if there was as much chatter, never mind the language just the chatter on the radio it gets nipped in the bud and fast. Yes there are times a few people get long winded but nothing like on the Lake. I hear more "cell phone" conversations when fishing Lake Ontario than anywhere else. The regulations state the VHF is to be used for operational purposes. I hear way more than that.

Hear is a good link on vhf use: http://www.boatus.com/boattech/casey/20.htm

Spike