Today Mick ends another 365 day voyage around the Sun

Happy birthday to a man known to us here on LOU as "Mick". Not his true given name, however after having met him in a golf course bar where regular folks refer to him as "Mick" and having had the honor of fishing with him many times, I truly know why he is referred to as "Mick". His karaoke skills at the bar and his previous rock and roll performances at various venues around Rochester are a testament to his talents. You may also have seen some of his posts on here followed by the phrase "Rock On" :rock: . If by now you haven't figured out why he is refered to as "Mick", let me give you one more clue. Now it was unclear even to me at first what was the reason for his namesake until one day we were fishing the Niagara bar (the one in the lake) together with his wife. She said that "Mick" could turn any song into a fishing song :thinking: . Well it didn't take long before the radio started playing some of our old favorite rock and roll.

Suddenly, as we were having a lull in the action (fish hitting) an old song came aboard and "Mick" began to sing along :music: . After what his wife had said It became apparent that she was right! Well the song goes along and we all know it as one of the best classics of all time from the Rolling Stones. The verse of which is the title to the song and repeats often. Our friend "Mick" sings the song and we are rockin to..... "Can't get no... Salmon Action".... :o

So now you know the rest of the story. Some other favorites could be,,,

"Goby Tuesday",,,, :lol:

"that spin doctor...I wanna Paint it Black",,,,

"the Drag is...Under my Thumb",,,

"I'm gonna catch...A Feast of Burbot",,,, :puke:

"Jumpin Jack (Salmon) Flash" :dance:

and many more fun songs.

He is a good friend, Charter Captain, Painter, Rock and roll player, and a fellow "Lyntuckian", and all round good LOU member, .....I, you, we,,,,all celebrate his 33rd trip around the sun. Captain Mike "Mick" Grager of Get Hooked Sportfishing http://www.gethookedsportfishing.net/. Now that he has his Charter business, I guess I will have to book a trip so I can hear those songs again. I was so accustomed to hearing WHOA WHOA WHOA! and the pounding of feet sprinting to the back of my boat when a

rigger would fire, that even now, I still wonder what would happen if there was no transom back there or if the tuna door was left open as he hit full sprint to the stern. I wish him the happiest birthday a friend could have and may he never, ever, slip, and crash on the wet deck again. Tight lines to Mick and a very wonderful day!

Life is simple....eat, sleep, FISH! :rock:

Mark AKA Skipper19

Eat , Sleep , and fish is FINE with me for the time being. H -E - double hockey sticks , Fishing is what I have been doing all year so far. Tommorrow looks a little rough out there with the forecast, but I may take the canoe somewhere, and get hooked up with some bass or pike. Rock On and thanks

Yea he can get a little excited when the rods go off ....wonder how many refunds he has givin back cause he was first on the rods and brought the fish in alone.....

Capt.Mick youve showed us how its done 14 times can we have a turn now?

hava great day and keep the latreens clean..

It does happen Ray but usually just with a (Rod Maintenance) skipper. I did get out fishing today before the winds came up, so it's been a pretty good day. Looking forward to a steak for dinner, and some rest for 6 more days of fishing.

BTW thanks Stinky :lol:

Mick's bday ended when his ol lady dragged him out of the North

What!!!!!!?

You mean the beginning was the end????.....Didn't even make it to Midnite on the eve of his 365 day epic trip??????......Crashed before docking??????....

Maybe Capt Jack Daniels shouldda handed over the helm to Capt. M. ORGAN... :drunk:

Good thing his first "mate" was there then :lol:

Here....this'll make ya feel better viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14994