Hot Lure: Ask BroadHorizons

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 120 + / -

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Our Fresh Air Fund kid from Brooklyn visited for the 3rd year in a row, this year I decided to try something different. Got with Andy @ BroadHorizons, and we went Salmon fishing. Christopher had a great time, even though he slept a lot in between hits. His first fish, at 7:10 am, ended up being a 24# king! He fought like a champ, and landed that one, a nice Coho, and a smaller King as well. The last hit of the day, thei wire dipsey (HOT TICKET) started screaming, he looks at me and says, "You take it, my arms are too sore." Ended up being a nice 26"# king.

Had a great time, much thanks to Andy for the trip, Christopher cannot stop talking about those huge fish.

Ut8d9.jpg

ekR50.jpg

It was great to have him along.

4 of the hits came on the Chicita banana echip and crazy b fly on the wire deeper diver on a 3 out 240 feet.

If anyone on the North shore finds a faded orange homemade board, call me and I'll send you the other side. It's the perfect reason to upgrade from the homemade boards although it was a hassle and unexpected.

Andy,

I think I saw you cutting that line to cause the board to release so that you had an excuse to buy new boards :lol:

Mike,

He had a blast, but still wants to come back to Cdga for more lakers next year. I am pretty sure we have him hooked!

Chris says that when he is done with school and college, he wants to live in the Finger Lakes. I guess we have started the process that Fresh Air Fund was designed for; getting inner city kids into the outdoors and letting them see the other side of the world. He still cannot believe how many stars there are in the sky as we sit around the bonfire at night.

I am not a liberal or "left leaning" guy and this program shows how most people are willing to help others as long as the government isn't forcing it down their throats. Most people with the means to do so are happy to help those that are less fortunate because it is very rewarding for everyone. Great job giving this youngster great memories that he will likely never forget....Awesome!

People do want to help their fellow man. They just don't know how, or feel that they are being taken advantage of, as you said, when the government crams it down their throat.

I whole-heartedly recommend the FreshAir Fund. We have had Chris 3 years in a row, and even had him come visit us on his February break for some ice fishing, totally free of FreshAir's funding and administration.

I am as far from a liberal/sap/mushy/touchy-feely kinda guy as it gets, but I believe in this type of program. His first year visiting us, he stared into the sky and said, "Man, there are a lot of stars up there."