Sandy Creek 8/18 - Coyote Ugly

Fished today with Christie, and never touched a fish....... ;(

A real struggle........ started at about the can, and fished to Braddocks.....in 75 - 150 fow. Pretty strong Westbound current. There were fish that looked like lakers and kings, but we couldn't find anything to get them going. Temp and picture seemed to get better as we went E, and there was 50 - 55F on bottom in 120..... Searched for a brown for a while too, and couldn't find one of those guys either........

I put 12.75 miles on my kayak this afternoon/evening out of Sandy. Same slow fishing for me. I marked fish on the bottom in the 100 to 110 foot range. I managed to land one laker in 110 FOW. Water temp on the bottom measured 58 degrees at 110'. My arms and shoulders are tired from paddling. Maybe it is time for some rest !!

I put 12.75 miles on my kayak this afternoon/evening out of Sandy. Same slow fishing for me. I marked fish on the bottom in the 100 to 110 foot range. I managed to land one laker in 110 FOW. Water temp on the bottom measured 58 degrees at 110'. My arms and shoulders are tired from paddling. Maybe it is time for some rest !!

Way to grit it out in the slow fishing to pick up at least one fish. I came very close to say to heck with it and going out there with you. Alan has upgraded to a bigger kayak and we took it out on Canadice and caught a few bass and pickerel while he got adjusted to it. I also have a slightly longer kayak on the way that should be faster and a bit easier to paddle the long distances in Lake Ontario - can't wait until the water sets up better and the big fish are in closer!