Anyone out in this area Today?

Fishstix, not sure what you mean by fog. The lines you see along the south shore are temperature gradients. Each line is a 1 degree change. The map is correct as I used it last Saturday off Sandy. Check previous posting.

If there was cloud cover, there would be dark areas blocking out the temp. readings.

Look at the entire lake view. The cold surface water from the entire lake has formed an E-W running elipse that is quite close to the southern shore. You'd expect it to be somewhat symetrical to the center E-W line of the lake but it's definitely pushed southward. Very possible some fog banks formed.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Hi,

I made the run From Olcott to Mexico Bay last Tuesday. The water is cold in the center of the lake. We are about 22 or 23 miles offshore when passing Rochester and water temps were in the hi 30s to low 40s. This cold water starts near The Oak and continues to Oswego. There can be a large fog bank in and near the cold water which I was in for more than two hours.

Map looks pretty accurate from what I saw while I was out there. Temperature break is pretty fast 57 to 42 in most places from what I saw. Looks like a great place for steelhead. I was traveling so I did not stop to fish. It looks like it might be a while before we see a thermocline set up.

Dave B

I talked to "Willie Fish" . He fished this week. Had a steady bite all week. In close on a N&S troll. Salmondbound and Abes report on the above site confirm it.

It looks like its still not time to put the boards away.Ive been wanting to get into some kings but if the conditions are right for brns and steelies "thats what Im fishing for".I see there is a cloud cover this Morn but the cold water is still in close.

I used to check the LO surface temp map regularly in yrs past. But I found it to be very unrelyable or inaccurate is probably a better word.I know it changes fast . But it seemed to way off. I started checking it this yr. and they seem to be better at it. That cold water in tight should set up for some excellent weekend fishing.

Just another piece of the puzzle that is LO. A hard puzzle to put together when all the pieces are blue..

Stix,

I've always had my BEST days when the lake sets up like it is now. Run over the warm water in tight, to the cold water, keep going until you hit warm water again. Only thing is, sometimes you gotta go 10miles. I won't do it if it's rough out. If it's smooth out tonight/this weekend... I'll be out there. Personally, I'd rather spend all day fishing and catching one king, than catching 5 browns. (unless I happened to catch a 14lber ;) )

Nick