is this a good set up for the price?

is this a good deal? $380 for (2) Okuma CV30d with 1000' of 30# stainless wire with 9 foot convector Rods and i would have to install twilley tips for the wire. i found these online and don't know anything about rods for the dipsy divers. if this isn't a good deal or not the right set up for dipsys can someone point me in the right direction on what and where i can get two set ups. also looking for two copper set ups as well. any info on this would be great. thanks

Brett place is by far one of the best places to buy from. He warranties rods w/ no questions asked. He'll also put together any set up you need. Darrin is who I've been dealing w/.

Brett's is a good option! I've done business w/ them & no complaints, another option would be to get a pair of combos from one of LOU's supporting members who also offers a good deal on dipsy combos; http://www.atommiktrollingflies.com/dip ... _combo.htm A word of caution about the Convectors though; since they started making them in China (several years now) many people experience problems w/ these reels after about a year or so of use. I've had far less trouble w. the Daiwa Sealine 47 LC, though it does not take in line as smoothly and rapidly as the Convector. There is simply no way around the fact that you get what you pay for, and if you have the means I'd actually suggest entertaining the idea of getting the Tekota 600 LC reels.

Chris: Sounds like this guy Brett might be the dude to talk to about your dipsey rods. I cant even remember where i got mine. The rods arent as important as the quality of the reels. My catalina 25s have served me well, but the new ones are not the same. I'd have to say i'd replace them with the shimano 600lc, if i had to. The quality of the drag system is extremely important, as wire line has no stretch at all. This is not a place to try to save a few bucks,(these rods will produce a ton of fish for you sometimes when nothing else works). I would get these going this year then start fooling around with coppers maybe next year when you have your dipsy rods figured out. Good luck, do your research, some of this stuff is hard to shop for. See you on the water! TANGLER.