dipsys on leadcore

fished with a guy who brought his own leadcore rods last week.he runs dipsys off of them,something i never tried or heard of.depth is controlled by the number of colors and setting,(i always let out all the colors and have several rods set-up),just wondered if anyone else tries this and how it works,or not.we didn't achieve good results and if i were on my boat i would've pulled em and put my wire out.

Lead core is usually quite thick.(the core and the braid around it).Besides 18 and 27 pound test lead core usually have the same amount of lead grain per foot.This makes the 27 pound very bulky but not very heavy. It will not sink very well.

I often use 18 pound test lead core to troll live bait (mooneyes) very slowly for lake trout in the Finger lakes.

Keithg: You will NOT see that arrangement aboard aboard my boat anytime soon. Here's why: You dont have any idea where this thing is gonna end up in your spread. The leadcore will sink, yes. The diver willl dive, but the thick leadcore (or copper) will severly effect its performance and you wony know where it is. The only combos i fish are: 100 or 200ft copper behind my center rigger(this is deadly) or a torpedo diver in front of copper sections. Knowing exactly where each rod in your spread is WILL help put fish in your cooler. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...