Owasco 08/20 Big Walleye and Bows

Fished Owaso for the first time this season and we had a great day. We arrived at the launch on the North end at 6:30 am, the New York Bass Federation was also at the launch with at least 100 boats strong :o . My clients arrived and we were fishing around 7am. We fished the deep water 130 to 150 on the North end. It was non stop action with doubles and triples all day. No weeds or fleas made for some easy fishing. We were done by 12 with some major numbers put in the boat. We had Bows up to 29 inches, Lakers up to 9lbs, Small Mouth Bass, and some big walleyes up to 9 1/2 lbs :o . The lakers were crushing anything I put in the water spoons (orange), flys/flashers (on wire white/white) and small cranks. Bows liked the same program as Cayuga cranks off core. And the walleyes well I must have lost my notes :lol: The bait numbers look good on Owasco with several big pods from 20 to 80 ft down. We let the big lakers go at the back off the boat. The bass guys will be on Owasco Sat and Sun so if you want to launch hit it early. Lake temp was 75 and speed at ball was 2 to 2.2 mph, down temp was 56 at 65 FOW. Sean

IMG_3933.jpg

Reeling in The Big Walleyes (a triple)

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

9.5lb Walleye On Owasco? Really? :inlove: That is awesome. Biggest I caught jigging was 4 lb which was the last time I was over there back in Early June. Same day I had my crankbearing go on my 96 90 Johnson. That was a bad day. Did not get off the lake till 130 in the morning after being on the lake for 13 hrs with no food :$ and had to work the next morning. LOL

Great catch. Thanks for the report. Planning on going out tomorrow on Cayuga if I can find a break in the weather. :o