Sandy Creek Shootout-Results

keith

Well it's was a little rough and wet but we managed to pull it off today, hopefully everyone had a good time. Here are the winners results. I will try to post the complete list later today.

1st- Trout n About- 66.93

2nd-Rock n Troll- 56.13

3rd-Reel Drag-54.26

4th-My Mink-52.04

5th-Triple S-47.86

6th-Fish FX-47.56

7th-Cold Water Affair-46.20

Top Salmon-Trout n About-26.51 lbs

Top Brown- Reel Drag-10.17 lbs

Top Rainbow-My Mink-11.77 lbs

I hope there all right, I haven't had time to double check them. It's been a long day and now I have to go to a 3 year old birthday party :@

THANK YOU guys for a great event, I think we had a great turnout at the weigh in and it was nice to see a few of the faces that we only hear on the radio. Keith, Scott, and Rob well done gentleman. Hope for many more :yes::clap::yes::clap:

Steve

very nice event and was nice to meet a few of the faces and names i see on here. all pruned up seemed to be the topic of the day on our boat as well. :lol: ..not the greatest of days to be in a 19 footer with little cover but we had a good time. probably a good thing we didn't bring our shotguns for target practice. :) ..thanks to all involved for there efforts in making the 1st sandy shootout a happening and we look forward to the 2nd.

Keith, Scott, Rob and anybody else that helped in putting together the event , THANK YOU VERY MUCH :clap: . The weather was tough and the fishing even tougher (we trolled all the way to the flats in Pt Breeze :o ) but it was a fun time and a very nice turnout especially for something put together in a short time. The fishermen and women that worked and participated in this should applauded also for raising some nice :cash: for the Sandy Creek pen rearing :yes: through the 50/50 drawing (by the way felt nice to finally win a raffle prize because "I never win these things" ..... or in this case 2 prizes :rofl: )

Team Fish FX (Shawn, Kirk and myself) thanks you and look forward to doing it again next year and trying to improve on our 6th place finish :)

That's now 2 for 2 on 6th place finishes for this guy in first time tourneys (2007 Sodus Pro Am on team L.O.U.S.E.R.S back when they actually caught fish in Pro Ams :o:lol::P ) and now the 1st Sandy Creek Shootout on team Fish FX.

Happy to say that :puke: (nick named the sea sick waddler :o by a couple of goof balls on here :devil::lol: ) no longer will apply to me after not even feeling the least bit queasy today after taking 2 Dramamil :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: last night. Bring on the bad weather :lol:

I would like to thank ScottB, Legacy, Keith, and Mike Engle for putting together a great tourney. You guys did a wonderful job. I would also like to thank R&R spoons, Atommik, Captains Cove, Yeck Spoons, Dream Weaver spoons, Legendary tackle, and the North Star gun club. Fishing was very tough this morning but we still had fun. We ended the day with 4 fish and a yellow rain poncho. That came 30 down on a Michigan Stinger Gator Glow :lol: . That was a shocker. It was nice to see a lot of guys from LOU and put some faces with a name. Congrats to Jay and Trish from Trout and About Charters, Tank and his women on thier win.

Rob, Keith, Mike, and Scott. You guys did a great job of putting this together. This event was well thought out and organized. I look forward to next years event as I think this will only get bigger. I also would like to thank the Engle ladies and the other folks who pitched in to make this a success. On a side note, we must keep Charlie( King Samon) as the MC. He was great. Thanks to all.

2010 SANDY CREEK SHOOTOUT

SandyCreekShootout034-1.jpg

SandyCreekShootout050.jpg

Captain Charlie Chick (Team King Salmon) The great tournament MC

SandyCreekShootout103.jpg

1ST place- Captain Jason Franz (and Trish too)- Team Trout-N-About

SandyCreekShootout106.jpg

A-Tom-Mik big Salmon winner! 26.51# Team Trout-N-About

SandyCreekShootout109.jpg

Legendary Products big steelhead winner! 11.77# Team My Mink

SandyCreekShootout111.jpg

Dreamweaver big brown trout winner! 10.17# Team Reel Drag

SandyCreekShootout114.jpg

$335.00 50/50 raffle winner!

SandyCreekShootout087.jpg

A BIG THANKS to ALL who helped put this tournament together. :yes::beer::clap: A lot of hard work paid off in a great turn out despite rough fishing conditions. It was nice to meet fellow LOU'ers and it seemed like everyone had a good time. I know we did, especially since we didn't have to watch Tom (aka Seasick Waddler) chum for our fish. Looking forward to next year - Great job guys!

Shawn

On behave of the Sandy Creek Pen Rearing Project we would like to say thank you to the Shootout Committee for including the Pen Rearing Project in the 50/50 Raffle.Of course, a BIG thank you to all those who participated in the Raffle.

Congratulations to the Shootout Committee for a well run and fun event.Great job guys!!

Congratulations to all the winners and those who participated in the tournament!!

To all the guys, Rob, Keith, Scott, Mike, Jerry, Charlie and many others. Thank you for the vision and effort that made this event possible. It was a very well organized and FUN event. Thanks to Jay and Trish for including me on their team when I was down and out with a broken boat. Thank you to "trooper" Sarah for hanging in there and thank you to ALL the sponsors. I would like to make a contribution to the pen rearing project. Can someone please tell me who I should contact to do so..is it Capt. Pat? Thank again! Tank

Great inaugural event Rob, Keith, Scott and Hans, Mike and family, Charlie, Pat etc.etc. It all came together very nicely despite the weather. Congrats to the hard working fishing tandom Jay and Trish on the win. Mike, we could have used an ice cream booth to settle Jerry's debts to your girls, maybe next year.

Thanks for a great event Rob, Keith, Mike and Scott. It was a lot of fun to fish and a great time catching up with everyone. Charlie was awesome as the MC and I agree that he should do it every year. The food was great and it was an overall good time. Thanks again and we will be back in 2011.

Thanks guys for putting on a great event. I had a great time at the weigh-in/cookout and putting more faces with names and voices from the radio. Can't imagine why everyone has such trouble with my boat name though. AoxomoxoA is pretty simple to because the last half is the same as the first half. Pronounced OX-OH-MOX-OH-AH or as Pat say OxyMoxy! Yer all stuck with it till I get another boat. Thanks to all who worked hard to pull it together, Keith, Scott, Rob and company. Definatly looking forward to it next year!

I realized I need to practice more in adverse conditions as I wasn't prepared to adapt my game when faced with the changing water. My brain (and everything else) was quite waterlogged in my 19'er with no top. Took 3rd place in Orleans derby with a brown we caught practicing Saturday.

Ron

Mostly, thanks to the participating teams.. :clap: .. This derby was an unknown quantity, and you guys stepped up for the 1st Sandy Shootout evah!

Thanks to Joe Bianchi for donating the potato salad, and George Staufer for donating the beans! Both homemade items!.. :clap: ..Who'd have thought a guy with a name like Bianchi could make anything other than sauce???? I think the donations gave Reel Drag some good Karma... That boat's always got good Karma.....

Thanks to Marie Warboys for giving us a hand in the kitchen.. :clap: ..

And thanks to Tammy and Christie for supporting my bad habits..... all of them......

Hope everyone enjoyed the "experience"..... and we'll see you next year!

The turnout of 29 boats for the first "Sandy Creek Shoot-Out" is a testament to the hard work and good planning that went into making it such a successful day... despite mother nature! :lol: I would like to thank Scott B, Legacy, Keith, Charlie and Mike Engle for putting together such a wondeful event. You all did such a wonderful job. And a big round of thanks to all the businesses who donated their products and especially the North Star Gun club. It was a great opportunity to finally put a face to the people that we hear on the radio. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Thank you to Tank & Sarah for sharing your day with us.. because it wouldn't have been the same without you guys there! :* It was a blast!

Congratulations to both the organizers and fisherman who made this such a wonderful event. We look forward to the SECOND ANNUAL Sandy Creek Shoot-out!

I just want to thank every one who helped put the sandy creek shootout on this year. minus the weather it was agreat time and cant wait to next year!!! also if need be iwould like to be able to help out in any way next year. thank you very much every one.

jakey baby

matt

I couldn't have said it any better than Mike Engle. We attempted to put on a great event and because YOU the fishermen took a chance on us, the event became a success. I will not speak for the other organizers, but when Charlie signed off with his last words of the day, the emotions of a months planning and then seeing all the fishermen at the ceremony really "moved" me. THANK YOU to all who participated and my good friends in the committee that also had to put up with my flatuation problem from time to time. :lol:

Our committee will be having a meeting next week (while fishing of course) to discuss the good things and what needs to be improved on. Because their will be more time to plan, I'm sure we can find a Sat. w/ a sunday blow off sometime during the summer of next year.

Tank: Yes, Pat is the one to speak to for a contribution. Great job and thank you.

Jason: Great job in being patient with your set up, cause it paid off. :yes: I'll be getting the plaque engraved this week and get it to you in a week or so.