Red line

Greetings fellow fisherman....I have a question for you:

Are many of you using red fishing line ?? I just bought a 3000 yd spool of 30lb red fishing line to spool all my reels. I read somewhere that at deeper depths it was virtually invisible. If this is true, is it still necessary to use a fluorocarbon leader, or would the red line suffice? I'm planing on still running fluoro leaders, but I was Just curious how you guys felt about this ?

Thanks,

Rod

I spooled up with the Shakespeare Cajun Advantage line this spring. It's hard to tell whether it helps or not. So far I like the line and knot strength seems good. You will get mixed opinions, but I decided to give it a try. It is also moderately priced. If nothing else, it looks kinda' sexy and is a conversation piece for those that have never heard of it.

i believe the red line turns to black after so many feet. i tried this line in the salmon river and watched the fish move away from my line. i switch to maxima green to me makes a better difference i had lot move hook ups

In these much clearer waters I'm sure that red shows red further into the light spectrum of the water. Anytime I use flourocarbon I usually have better success. I think that red would look black down deeper. just my thoughts. - Mick

Well, I'm gonna spool a few reels and compare. I'll run both for a couple weeks and see if I like it, or if there is an advantage or disadvantage. If you see me at the Oswego Pro-Am and all my reels are spooled red...I liked it . If not, you may be able to buy a couple thousand yards from me real cheap :lol::lol::lol:

As for using it in the Salmon river, I would not use in such shallow water. That's not what it's intended use is. I know this, It won't be any more visable than wire, copper or leadcore. I guess I'll see what the fishies think??

Thanks

Rod

I personally have never used the stuff therefore can't comment about Cajun line. I am currently happy with the line I am using(P-Line 30 lb test for salmon trolling) and (6lb,8lb,and 10lb fluro clear for walleye fishing). Although I would keep in mind at deeper depths red appears black under water. I am sure this would affect fish catching percentages, but to each their own. I found this web page. Check it out.

Picture001-full.jpg