Sonar / GPS combo

I'm planning on purchasing a new combo this winter. I bought the boat in the spring this year and it currently has Raytheon gps and a Raytheon fish finder mounted on my dash. These are seperate units. I would like to combine them into one. My budget will be around $1200.00 dollars. I was hoping to get a few different ideas and features that you guys might find a must to have. I have heard good and bad things about some of the products out there, but if I was to hand you $1200.00 what would you go buy and why?

I wish mine were seperate but I love my unit. I have the HDS Lowrance 7 now for about a month. I use the split screen option with the chartplotter on one side and the sonar on the other. I have no problems seeing with the 7in screen. I don't have side imaging but I may purchase it in the near future.

The reason I was thinking of the change was my GPS has not been able to locate me for some reason the past two weekends and my fish finder is getting blank lines on the left hand side. These units are also about 10 years old and I was thinking that over time new technology has come along. I guess kinda the old computer thought , that after two years there are fast and more advanced models out. I was also think one unit would take up less space? I would like to purchase in the future a speed and down temp for the boat and thought I could place the read out right next to the combo. If you guys have better Ideas I game for listening.