J-Plugs

Hey guys....we're planning on making a trip to Oswego next week.

We always used J-Plugs while trolling for salmon. I haven't read any reports of these being used anymore. Are they now obsolete? Is there any reason why no one is mentioning them? Are they a thing of the past or are they only used when the salmon are in shallower waters? Need your advice....don't want to waste my time using them if they are not the preferred lure. Thank you!!!

We still use em. Glow greens in the morning and silver bullets when the sun gets on the water. Mix them with spinnys/dodgers and flies and you will do fine. Just keep the spinnys and Js separate by several feet vertical unless you enjoy tangels.

I will start using them the weekend after labor day and yes i only use them in shallow, last year j-plugs took are 2nd and 3rd largest fish and last year we had all are luck on black and purple j-plugs. But i am a newby at salmon fishing and have learnd alot of different ways guys use them, good luck

As been mentioned before, another part of the arsenal.

Have pulled 'em off big boards(not in traffic, as "trollers rage" will erupt) when they come in close. Works good.

Glow(or I have older ones that take a light stick) in the am, and when the sun is on the water, shiney ones. :)

We pulled some Lymans at the current Scotty out of Oswego. They took our first Salmon of the tourney! After that they just pulled some BT. We were running 2.0 at the ball, so it was a little slow for them, but it is always good to have one out there!