me eat fish

Ive read about the milk thing ,so today i tried it ,,,,,,,,,but first when i catch a fish and am gonna keep for eating ,ya gotta put it on a stringer and cut its gills and bleed it out.. after its expired 5 min i will gill and gut and put in large plastic bag and pack on ice ,, when i get home slice it up remove latteral line all of it ,and pin bones and flush with water several min. drain leave in fridge couple days rinse again and cut into smaller cooking size 2" wide max,, soak in milk 20 min or longer drain pat dry , dip in wet batter ( not dry shake) and deep fry to perfection coho almost= haddock kings taste as good as any fish fry ive eaten oh the batter i used was preemade ANDYSfish seasoning(breading) yellow , mixed with milk and couple tablespoons flour... i picked up this stuff in INDIANA but www.andysseasoning.com can put ya on some of it ......... First time ive deep fried kings and liked it..

• 2 years later...

Ray , does it really make a difference bledding them out , gutting them and then iceing

vs. just wackin them over the head and iceing them?

I've always tried to keep them dry on ice.....not letting them rest in melted ice water.

Just wondering if it makes that much of a difference? :)

I've got my hat! :happy2:

• 2 weeks later...