Species Breakdown:Kings/Cohos

Hot Lure: Sebile Spoon/ Big Weenie SharkWeek fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5

Down Speed: I don't use a down probe

Boat Depth: 40-70

Lure Depth: 37-55

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Todd (bottom feeder) and I had a plan to fish the section from mexico bay to the salmon river. We set up and started fishing at 6am just south of the river in 47 fow. We would run a 2 rigger 2 dipsy program all day. At about 6:15 the port rigger fires on a spin doctor double crush glow with a Big Weenie SharkWeek fly 42 down. That was about 18 lbs so in the box it went. A few minutes later the starboard rigger fires with a glow fishlander and tyhe fish come unglued. Around 7:00 am the port rigger goes nuts 48 down over 62. The same flasher and fly as the last fish. I fight it for maybe 3 minutes and she is out about 400 feet. All the sudden the port dipsy on a 3 setting set at 120 trips and there is a fish on that so Todd grabs that rod. That was a pro troll eis (ice) house with a Big Weenie proctologist fly. DOUBLED!!! Todd didnt have that rod in his hand 10 seconds and the starboard dipsy just explodes on 110 of wire on a 3 as well. This had a white/green dot spinny with a Jon's Lil Weiner fly. The port dipdy fish didnt feel that big so I set my rigger rod in the holder and let that fish just try to hold on. I grabbed the port dipsy and ripped it in fast knowing it wasnt a boig fish. It turned out to be about a 9 lb coho so I released it successfully immediately. OK back to todds other dipsy slam. while todd was bringing this fish in I just left that other fish on the rigger still in the holder because it never lost good pressure. We got the next dipsy fish in , maybe a 23 lb king. Next was me fighting the rigger fish that was tired fron being dragged a little bit. Got him and it turned out to be our best fish at just over 29. What a chinese fire drill for 2 guys.

The morning bite was nuts!!!!!!!!!! We were confident that it was going to be one of those days. We dropped a Sebile Onduspoon on the star rigger and it would go on to take 4 fish while the other rigger remained that crush glow spinny and Sharkweek fly. It was all riggers for the next 2 hours as a matter of fact the dipsys never fired again. We threw back some smaller fish as soon as they were caught hoping the bite continued. At this point we had 4 good fish in the box and we started to wonder if our gamble was going to bite us in the @$$. Luckily by 10 or so we had our 5th off that rigger again by . Shortly after that our Sebile Onduspoon N3 fired and boom we had another low 20lber. BOX COMPLETE!!!! All together we boated 11 fish and dropped 3. We were off the water early. We knew we had a good box but we also heard all the fish getting caught on the radio and just hoped for a decent finish. Loaded up and off to fair haven.

Our box ended up just slightly ahead of the second place team and we were shocked. The comittee did a great job, the food was great, chamber of commerce needs to be applauded. Tom and all the sponsors are to be thanked. It was great to meet new fokls and chew the fat with some familiar faces as well.

Basically we were where the fish were and had some stuff they liked. all fish were inside of 75 and no deper than 52 I believe. The inside bite was being overlooked I will tell ya that.42-44 over 48. I do have some pics I will post. Again, thanks to all

====================

Way to go Land Shark! I think I saw you at Jon's Little Salmon on Saturday afternoon.

I had heard from Ron D and Rich J (who came in 6th and 7th place) that you had won.

I may be up the next two weekends. I'll give you a shout on the radio if you'll be in the bay.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Gotta Bite I called you twice on the radio on Sunday. Todd and I fished together again and it was slower but we managed a couple fish including one over 30 that gave his daughter the LOC youth lead. I will be out all next weekend wind permitting

Sorry Land Shark, I may have had the radio off. It was getting

To be out of control on the radio after a while. A lot of nonsense

Going on over the airwaves today and Saturday when things started

To slow down. Are you going to be fishing Mexico bay next weekend as well as the

Following. Let me know.

Congrats on the win and the big fish with the kid. :yes: Nice report.

Always gotta like the chaos especially with kings.

With the fish coming in tight there may be hope for the lilboat or my pedaling kayak.

Goonna try to box one in the yak this season.

Way to rock it guys! :clap: It always is great knowing in some stupid way our stuff helps catch fish but in the end it is good fisherman that catch fish. Seems you guys were very good.

Grifter, We just like being goofy :lol: and we will never be PC not going to happen and if it offends someone sorry. Glad your Dad got a laugh and wait until you see the names for next year, BW