Fished out of Sodus on 8/27... got on the water around 7:00 and noticed not many boats out there, we started in the 100-125 range with two riggers, two dipsys, and planner boards. We fished all day and covered some serious water with no results (except a sun-burned face!). The fish just seemed to disappear! :(

I trolled and studied the graph for hours and nothing no bait no fish (thank god we had some cold beer!). We fish out to the 250-300 foot range and still no color on the Lowrance so we picked up and headed home.

We planned on staying up there and fishing the weekend but with this weird water temp, calm waters, and sunny skies we decided to call it quits... i guess that's why they call it fishing not catching

How did the other Sodus die hards make out?

I fished the weekend and got one each day- a steelie and a beautiful Atlantic. 100-160 and 190-220 couldn't have looked better on my screen. They were deep, but active and streaking. Just not on the bite. Heard much of the same from some very experienced ams and charters. I'll be out again tomorrow.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

We will be back up there this weekend, i know the fish are there and one day is completely different from the next...

What kind of weather (temps, wind, precipitation) should i be looking for that could bring the fish in and increase their activity?

I have fished Ontario a lot in the past couple years but i still have a lot to learn. Any info would be great!

I'm so frustrated with the Eastern end of Lake O. We fished Sodus Friday and went 3 for 3 all about 4-6 lbs...Coho and two Steelies. Went back out Sunday for 10 hours and went about 0 for 8 all hit and runs...nobody home. We had one Big king hit on a diver that ripped about 20-30 feet of line then let go. We pulled it in and it had bent the hook. We fished every range from 60 feet early out to 500 feet Saturday afternoon/evening. 6 or 7 miles offshore, the water wasn't flipped and all screwed up like it was near shore but we couldn't get much going and didn't mark much.

It is sad that I can mark more fish and bait in Cayuga Lake in about 15 minutes than I can in 10 hours on the Eastern end of Lake O. Next year, I'm going to spend a lot more time out on the West end where all of the fish seem to be.

Don't feel bad though, I saw a couple charter boats pull in after 6 hour trips and they each only landed 2 fish on Saturday.

P.S. You stole my boat name...or I stole yours.

I fished out of Bear Creek on Saturday in 120 to 135 FOW and went 1 for 4. Lost one on a double and one when the 30' boat tried to swamp me as I was netting. Lots of fish marked on the bottom and most with bait. Bishy Bruiser from Moonshine and Monkey puke both in magnum size on the bottom.

HAHAHA yeah ive seen your boat in Oswego i think.... but yeah i thought of that name a couple of months ago (not becuase i saw yours tho!)

I have a cottage on Seneca lake just south of Lodi point and the amount of bait is just incredible... Lake O is one tough bastard to fish but one line peeling king can keep me coming back week after week!

Re: Where's the fish???

Talked to my neighbor here at Cross Lake camp who went on a charter Sunday out of Oswego and they got their limit...

of bass

after they couldn't get a king to hit.

I guess that might tell us something.

They had fun fishing..... the catching was the hard part.

Good luck.

Lake O is one tough bastard to fish but one line peeling king can keep me coming back week after week!

That is how I felt after this weekend, however, today I am dreaming of the line peeling off the reel.

Ray

im new to the game of trolling for salmon, and im not claimin to know it all but i caught fish fri, sat and sun. fish were in 90 feet of water with there bellies on the bottom then as the sun dropped in the evening bam caught fish. i guess just right place at the right time, but ill take it.

No doubt a few can be caught but everyone I listened to on the radio were reporting 1 fish here and there but nobody that was talking slammed them...including the charters that fish there every single day.

I'm fishing out of Port Ontario this weekend...we'll see what happens. If I don't get any, I'm throwing on my waders and fishing the river with my noodle rod.