Hot Lure: A Scottsman II custom NK Glow, Black with a green ladder and red eye

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.8

Down Speed: 2.0-2.5

Boat Depth: 120ft

Lure Depth: 55ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

The Lake was absolute glass and the sun baked us pretty well through out the day. We left my boat behind tonight and fished from the Scottsman II. It was just plain Hot hot hot with little breeze for refreshment. We first hooked up on a Spin dr/A TOM MIK combo which ripped out a couple hundred feet of line just to spit the hook 10 feet from the boat. Just while the sun was setting the starboard corner rigger fires off and right away we knew this was a monster. 45 minutes later in the dark, with my knees knocking and zero blood left in my fingers Capt Lester netted this slob and I had to set the pole down to help get him in the boat. And my hand to god he bent the 8 foot net.

In case your wondering, after signing up for every derby around this season both of us have had crazy schedules and did not register for the Fall LOC.. Yeah.. I know... We were happy just the same at this magnificent beast.

Sorry for the dark pictures, it was almost 10 by the time we got to the dock.

GfsRJ.jpg

GfxR0.jpg

Thanks guys, fdny76 did a nice job bringing it in! Its nice to see some big ones being taken from sandy. Im thinking there are a few more out there so good luck to all fishing the LOC. Rick, no problem glad to see ya out there doing some fishing.

Hi Chris,

Sorry we haven't hooked up. Can't believe how fast the summer went. Congrats on a great fish, to bad you weren't in the derby. I have been out of town a lot and haven't been fishing as much as I would have liked to. Maybe we can still get together. If not on the water then definately on the hard water for ice fishing.

Take care,

Jim