Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

If anyone happens to find a Carmel Dolphin Spin Doctor/Hammer Fly Rig around the Sandy Creek-Braddocks area, I would appreciate it if you could let me know. Some one called on the radio this am and spotted it around the lighthouse. I was not able to get over to where it was this morning.I lost it last night on a great rip off the wire. 350ft out in 140 fow. Please send me an IM or e mail me at [email protected] Thanks in advance.

Lou

====================

Many years ago my 12 year old son and his friends spent plenty of time "picking" j-plugs on the beaches around the dunes. They were the good ol days of recycling lost lures. Now you cannot tell the difference between a jewelry store and a sporting goods store. :lol:

Lou,

That was me that spotted that king and talked with you on the radio. The fish was in 125 fow bobbing on the surface heading NE with the chop. BIG king. If I would have trolled a little closer, I could have netted it for you.

Brian, Thanks for the effort I was so far away from you I could not get over there. No big deal.. I was more interested in the size of fish that was attached to it... It made a hell of a run before it broke off. How have you been? Fishing been good at that neck of the woods? I have been west the past week. Doing ok, nothing crazy but some decent fish..

Lou

I made the run East in the dark yesterday. Set the boat down 1 mile short. Slow until the light. Fishing was good yesterday had one king that just missed the board and another big mature some small kings, medium lakers and bows. We put 2 lakers on the board. It was nice to fish within a mile or two from shore for once. The game before yesterday was offshore. Good luck in the rest of the derby Lou. Don't let anymore big ones get away.

Thanks Brian. You too. I was out on Sunday AM and lost another major. Fishing in close as well (90-150) had a nice rip on the wire( again) came to the surface, rolled then went right to the bottom. My father in law could not move it... He struggled for a few minutes then it spit the hook...At least I did not lose the rig!!! To top it off I lost my cell phone that morning.... I am taking a break at least till Monday AM.. May do a trip with Jeremy. Talk to ya soon.

Lou