Erie eyes

Guest ReelDiel

Guest ReelDiel

out of the small boat harbor has been very good over the last week or so for good action on 18-24" eyes..good eaters at night. 5 fish to limits has been common. nighttime trolling sticks in 7-20fow. some nights are slow with 1 to none happening. Not as hot and heavy as last year i think the late warm up may have got things a little off kilter to start. firetiger,black & silver a translucent have been good.

My wife and I fished Evans Bar yesterday evening. Finished with 8 eyes. Best was 8.5, caught by my wife (of course). They turned on at sundown and we finished about 11:30p. As soon as we would troll up into the rocks the rods would fire. Just flatlinin' 2 rods with sticks. Smithwick (black back, orange belly) and Husky jerk, probably a 13 or 15 size clown. Oh yeah, before sundown we pulled a few on the smaller size r&r's tipped with a piece of crawler. Watermelon grape dot and another which I don't know the name but it was yellowish/orange/pukeish. I ran the spoons down 15' with 100' stretch. According to reports, it's been kinda slow at the Oak, so I guess Erie was the better choice yesterday. BTW all fish had empty bellies.