Canandaigua Tips?

MarkNY

hey guys, id like to check out canandaigua for the first time this coming week. im gonna get a map and study it but im wondering if you could offer any advice on areas to concentrate on or info on the layout of the lake related to fishing. im coming from the northeast side of cayuga. im thinking about launching at woodville and fish the south end. is that launch straightforward or is there any quirks i need to know about it? id appreciate any help you might offer. best, mark

ps. id be happy to offer any current info i have on owasco and cayuga. ive been fishing alot lately.

I've only fished it two times a few years ago , launched at the north end and it was one of the nicest I've seen but I guess get VERY busy on weekends............we fished down the east side and came to large shoal ( should be on your map ) seemed to hold fish then just below or past that we would troll across and go back north. Then run the east side again.

ps. id be happy to offer any current info i have on owasco and cayuga. ive been fishing alot lately.

If your fishing why not take the time to post reports ??? Make them as detailed or just how you did and what lake..........good reports or bad they are all helpful for anyone that is thinking about fishing the water you are reporting on............... just saying !!!!!

The Woodville end is pretty shallow(4' to 6') for a good long ways up the lake, just keep going you'll hit the drop off. Then I usually run two dipsys with flasher and sutton combos down 70 to 90 ft over however deep the water is were I'm marking bait and fish. My down riggers I'll run one at 20' and one at 30' pulling what ever is working that day, you just have to experiment. This lake is my favorite lake of all of the finger lakes, its the most beautiful in my opinion, and the rainbows are abundant....enjoy you won't regret going. :yes: