A few Bass from this summer

big-o

I haven't got out this summer as much as I would have like to ,but I have managed a few trips, here a so of the better Bass That I have managed to land

4.6 pounds

phil46.jpg

3.2 pounds

bassfishing012.jpg

4.3 Pounds... never seen a Large mouth so Black

bassfishing016.jpg

My best this summer coming in at 5.8 pounds

phil58largie.jpg

Same fish

philheadshot.jpg

The release

release-2.jpg

In this shot you can see how black the fish is

phildouble.jpg

All of these fish were taken on a Wackey rigged Senko(black with blue Sparkles and white with Silver Sparkles) I was fishing deep drop offs 12 to 18 feet deep and just dead sticking the Senko, I let it lay an the bottom with out moving it for about 20 to 30 seconds ,then I would give it a little shake, 99% of the time the bass would inhale it when it was just sitting not moving.Soon it will be time for Fall Smallies, easily my favorite time of the year.I have a fewe more photos that I'll add later...I have them stored on my work PC

Great fish!! What rigging and technique would you be using for the fall smallies?

I fish smaller lakes, so I look for deep drop offs with weeds, humps casting deep diving Cranks to the shore and letting them swim down the drop offs Drop shot is a very effective way of enticing those big Bronze backs to hit, dragging tubs is a favorite method of ours. once you find the Bass it's pretty easy to catch them as they have the feed bag on. We also find that they school up to size... so if you get into a school and plunk out a couple of 2 ponders, they will more than likely be all around the same size... so we move on looking for the big girls... but we way point the spot in case that's all we find.

Here are a few from the last couple of seasons

philbass7.jpg

philbass6.jpg

philbass9.jpg

philbass8.jpg

philbass12.jpg

phildoubleoct14.jpg

me3.jpg

My fishing Partner Rob...aka RJ

rjsmalliedoubleoct14.jpg

rjsmallie1oct14.jpg

rjsmallie2oct14.jpg

philbass1.jpg

My brother Mike

mikebass4.jpg

mikebass10.jpg

127_2720.jpg

127_2721.jpg

127_2723.jpg

One of the many doubles

127_2731.jpg

Posting these pictures ...now, I can't wait for the late fall 8) but for now we will be concentrating on some more Large mouths...

Thanks for looking

Phil