broke down on the lake today

Fished for about an hour testing out the new depth finder chartplotter gps unit and everything went to crap. Depth finder started turning off and getting weird, I unplugged it after trying to use the button and i plugged it back in and hit power and nothing so i tried it again and the boat turned off....NOTHING. My brother and I floated around for an hour and a half got blown way out off shore. Thanks to HOTLINES for calling the fire department for us, we really appreciated it we were out there debating on who to call coast guard or 911. We got back to olcott safe and miserable. Nothing but trouble today this was almost the worse day I have had on the lake this year. I just need some time to calm down and forget about today.....and change an alternator and ill be back. We were marking alot of fish from 65-120 FOW should have stayed in closer.

Yeah It could have been alot worse, sometimes i wish that boat would sink it causes me so much grief and it isnt even my boat. I sure feel alot better now that a took a long nap and got something to eat, Im already starting to forget today and looking forward to the next trip.

Glad you're ok. A boat fishing near us on this end capsized and the boat was floating around upside down. The guys were pulled to safety.

Did the boat make it back to Mexico Point? Bonnie, the attendant at the launch, said it was being towed back, still capsized. Glad the guys were safely rescued and they are ok. I did see their boat Sunday in Port Ontario across from Woody's. You just never know, especially on the lake.

saw the capsize boat on a trailer this morning at the fish cleaning station on rt 13 by the bridge in port ontario. winshield was smashed down but it could have been alot worse. Talked to the fella that pulled them out. Cant recall his name right now but a hero in my book. :yes: He sat with them for four hours in that washing machine water out there. Hope hes around if im ever in a pickle.

Fished for about an hour testing out the new depth finder chartplotter gps unit and everything went to crap. Depth finder started turning off and getting weird, I unplugged it after trying to use the button and i plugged it back in and hit power and nothing so i tried it again and the boat turned off....NOTHING. My brother and I floated around for an hour and a half got blown way out off shore. Thanks to HOTLINES for calling the fire department for us, we really appreciated it we were out there debating on who to call coast guard or 911. We got back to olcott safe and miserable. Nothing but trouble today this was almost the worse day I have had on the lake this year. I just need some time to calm down and forget about today.....and change an alternator and ill be back. We were marking alot of fish from 65-120 FOW should have stayed in closer.

Saw you tow in progress as we fished them inside fish. They had lock jaw. Nice to see the fire depatment ran out for you. Usually a Tow Boat US goes right for your wallet

Yea i was really surprised they didnt hit me with a bill unless one is coming in the mail. I have heard horror stories of getting like a 500 to 800 dollar tows when the tow boat comes out. It is pretty embarassing to get pulled in like that but it sounds like it happens to everyone at some point. The one fireman said they dont get calls like this very often I thought they would get calls like that once a week or so. I was very gratefull them guys came out to pull us back in and thankfull noone was hurt.

Glad ya made it in safely. The fire dept prolly won't charge you, but a donation to their department would be a nice gesture. I know I'll think of this story the next time I put $$ in the boot during their fundraisers at intersections.

Shawn

Have you ever thought about getting a membership for Boat US,it's like AAA for the water,I think i pay 50.00 a year for on the Water Unlimited towing. Not sure where you are Located,But if there is a Tow Boat US Boat near your Home Waters thats even Better,Otherwise if you get Towed in By a Towing Service you Submit it to Boat US and they Reimburse you.They will also pay for a Jumpstart and if ya Run out of Gas,Thats Covered too! for Fifty Bucks a season ya Can't Beat it.

You Can Google Boat Us and Give them a Call. now would be a Good time to get it Because it would Cover you from September to September.

They have ports in Oswego, Rochester, Buffalo. Hopefully I pasted the right link below, but if it doesn't come up, go to www.boatus.com. On the home page, lefthand side, there are options. Click on Towing Services, and follow the prompts for your area. :yes:

http://www.boatus.com/ServiceLocator/map.asp?v=D&mts=T&P=37.23032838760387,-94.833984375&Z=4&TB=1&WM=0&CM=0&LJ=0&pp=20&cp=0&R=0.15194536819543852&fromSite=towing&sS=1