pier fishing the genny

went to the genny but caught nothing :( tons of good sized kings jumping everywhere on the lake side but couldnt catch them. There were 6 boats and evry one caught a king when they drove past me yet i couldnt even get a nible. Egg sacks and cleos didnt work for me, but theres lotsa kings. Did see a real nice walleye caught though

that was me, where were you?

I started at the end then moved back to the middle, lake side 100 yards from the steps

I was lookin for some LOU guys, but only found 1 guy who knew about the LOU board, guessin it wasn't you?

not much action to report about, I just got lucky with a small fat one. (salmon that is) :lol:

i'll prolly give it a couple of weeks before I go again

There was some more productive water on the Charlotte side the last couple mornings. went 1 for 2 yesterday morning, 1 for 2 last night and 2 for 2 this morning. 3 kings and a nice brown. My poor father had the dropsies yesterday morning and lost 3. Most fish on lures but lost a screamer yesterday morning and got spooled last night on egg sac rigs....

Lake side kremer. There was some nice off color water yesterday but today it was already getting pretty clear.

Never had any problems on Charlotte side other than an occasional annoying pedestrian LOL. Seriously, you do have to watch your casting etc. on that side with the foot traffic.

On another note. I saw on the news that they are goning to be closing this pier this fall for renovation, however, there are no signs of that yet.

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

I went out saturday night for the first time ever with a buddy of mine. He lost a cleo within 10 mins from being there had a big hit. I then lost one. Saw a bunch of guys out there and talked to one on how the bottle set up worked since i am an a newbie at all this! Was out last night at the charlotte pier and they were jumping right in front of the parking lot! Saw a guy walk back with a salmon. I then walked out to the new concrete pavement and saw some jump in the river but alot jumping on the lake side. Casted both and no luck. I'm only using glow cleos, any suggestions as to what to buy? and reeling slow fast? any in put would help! thanks and goodluck

thanks FJ I'll have to try the Charlotte side!

I've been doing OK on the Summerville side.

unknown, glow cleos are a good choice but you could also try some glow KO Wobblers and cranks - I like 3/4 ounce rattletraps and deep diving firetiger pattern crankbaits.

looks like a few of us from the western New york kayak fishing association ( fishgator.ning.com) will be kayak fishing for salmon and trout Sat. morning, launching from charlotte beach

Just be aware that there will be the Spanish Armada out there.....combat fishing at it's finest. You would be much better off trying the mouths of some of the smaller tribs in my opinion and have it all to yourselves. PM me if you need some hints....

Back in the hayday of fishing from the piers off fairhaven. We killed the salmon with rebel fast tracks. They still make them but not in the salmon or glo colors. At least not anywhere that i've been able to find. At night the yellow or green glo worked the best. And at day break the charteues with a flor. yellow ladder back. Really put a hurting on them. We out fished cleos 6 to 1 easy. The faster you reeled the better. They only other crank baite that came close was the rapala double jointed yellow with a fast track lip. If you can track down the rebels there worth there weight in gold for pier fishing.