Canandaigua 9/5, 9/6

Sunday 9/5

100_1201.jpg

Rigged the boat under a beautiful sunrise,

100_1204.jpg

had cousin Tommy and his son Ryan and my wife Bonnie aboard. We cruised down to just north of vine valley and set up in 140 FOW. 3 wire dipsies, 3 riggers, and 300 copper. Spoons on the riggers and flasher flies on dipsies and copper. Wire dipsy with white pro troll echip and no seeum fly went first on a 3 setting out 210'. Nice 5 lb lake trout, it was Tommy's first fish ever basically besides little sunfish.

100_1210.jpg

Ryan ended boating 1 fish but struggled to keep the fish hooked. We had bites on the rigger with a mag NK watermelon at 60'

Saw a little bow fly out the water and spit the hook of a slider with ball at 50'. Copper fired with green revelator and green hammer fly. Basically green flashers and flies after the early white bites. We probably ended up 5 for 9, releasing a small bow and keeping four lakers 2 of which were 5lbs.

100_1212.jpg

ryan.jpg

Unnamed.jpg

Monday 9/6

Monday we left the dock at 6:30 and set up at the white rock, tcon and and dustin and fireplug joined me. We ran 4 wire divers, 3 riggers and 300' copper. black dot spin dr and no seeum and white pro troll echip with hammer fly fired right away at 210' and 150', tcon brought his to the net but I dropped mine. Rerigged and finished setting the other rods, the 300' copper took a 3 lb rainbow, on the east side, when circled back to the hot spot between Whiskey Point and white rock. The marks were gone so we ventured west in search mode. We worked all way past Cook's Point and the trawler docked on the west side. We turned back south and went past Cook's Point and Long Point, working SW we checked a dipsy to make sure it was clean after bouncing bottom in the shallows out 210 on a 3, tcon reset and asked "How far out do you want this one?", I said 220', 221' whatever it takes, he closed the lever at 220' and she fired before he had a chance to sit down. We knew it was good one as Todd worked the rod, the bow came out the water 150' back but Todd kept it buttoned. Teamwork prevailed and we netted beauty bow just and ounce or two shy of 7lbs. Only one spoon bite on watermelon NK, the rest were flashers and flies. Wire divers outproduced the copper today.

100_1213.jpg

100_1214.jpg

Once again Mike Dustin and I had a blast...He told me later that he doesn't mind if he loses fish when its just him and I but didn't want to take the chance of losing one on somebody elses boat...I told him not to sweat it , it wasn't llike he was he was dropping a $1200. dollar crab pot or anything :lol: We'll have to get out again before you put the "Brown Hound" away for the season.

Take Care,

Tom

Mike,

Thanks again for the great trip! My personal best 'bow, actually the first legal Rainbow ever in New York!! Next year, I hope to have the ability to get out on my new lake (Hemlock) other than in the Otter Stealth duck boat, and trips will be on me over here!!

tcon: Nice meeting you and Dustin. Great to see a kid who likes to fish (and sleep :o ) I hope to keep Maxon intetested in the outdoors like that! Give me a shout sometime, now that we know we are almost neighbors, let's go fish!!!

Once again Mike Dustin and I had a blast...He told me later that he doesn't mind if he loses fish when its just him and I but didn't want to take the chance of losing one on somebody elses boat...I told him not to sweat it , it wasn't llike he was he was dropping a $1200. dollar crab pot or anything :lol: We'll have to get out again before you put the "Brown Hound" away for the season.

Take Care,

Tom

Good thing Dustin was sleeping during the double right as we initially set those port divers, otherwise he would have seen me drop one, "Brown Hound" hmm