Hot Lure: white spinny green dots/fruity frostcicles

Trolling Speed: 2.4-2.8

Down Speed: IDK

Boat Depth: 85ft

Lure Depth: 78ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I had told my buddies I wanted to break the 20lb mark as my biggest king to this point was 17lb. Left wrok thurs morning planning on fishing 5 days. Just as we starting to get it the chop picked up. It don't take much in my 16ft tin bobber. My wife landed the only fish of the trip. This monster had us going.

The rigger pops and rod started screaming. "Thats a good fish" I yelled as a pulled the rod from the holder and handed it off. I had no idea what to do next. the line counter went fron 80 to near 600 ft. The wife asked how much line was on the reel. "Not enough" was my reply By now i was pulling the 2nd dipsy in. I checked her drag and it was as tight as i wanted on the 20lb test. I slowed the boat and cleared the other rigger line. We decided to try an circle around him. That was almost a bad idea. As the wife was picking up line as fast as she could and the fish ended up in front of us. After cat and mouse games for a few minutes he got him behind the boat. Where he made 5 or 6 more short runs. I barely fit the 33lb 9oz KING in the net. at which point my wife started screaming loud enough the other boats were talking about her on the radio. It seemed like forever even though it was only a few minutes. I bet the other guys got a good laugh at watching us. We will never forget it as the fish is at the taxidermist now.

tRvPJ.jpg

I want to thank everyone on this site for thier aid in my new addiction. Jason hats off to you for telling us where they were and what to pick 'em on.

Wow!! Nice fish and great story. My girlfreind and I were next to you when you netted the fish and heard the screaming and excitment. It made our day!! She and I have just started fishing together and appreciate the teamwork it took to put that fish in the boat. Great job!!