We got out early this am and our first brown hit before we could even get the rod set into the holder.

brown-1stking615005.jpg

It hit a firetiger smithwick off the boards over 30 fow. The next few hours were very busy with lots of chunky browns. Alewife patterned spoons 25 and 35 down over 40-60 fow. We probably landed 20 browns. Our biggest was 11 lbs, 12 oz and was in 15th place when we weighed it in. The picture doesn't do the fish justice (or me)

brown-1stking615020.jpg

As the morning went on there were a few reports of guys catching a few kings out deeper out of Oswego. We picked up and ran out to 180 and started trolling towards port. We marked quite a bit of bait out deeper but not a lot of fish. When we got to 80 fow the green protroll/ Siggs Rig Green Apple fly fired (out 180 on a 2.5 setting)and Ryan was into our first major of the season out of Fair Haven. We pulled everything and ended our morning when we got the king in the boat. The perfect ending to a fun morning.

brown-1stking615021.jpg

A few more pics

a double

brown-1stking615012.jpg

brown-1stking615004.jpg

Nice report, good work fishshack!! I want to get out for these chunky browns around here, but for no im working on my boat so keep the reports comin.

Thanks guys. We fished a little this morning (until 9:30) before work. The brown bite was off somewhat today. We landed a few but it definately was an off morning. I'm not sure if it was the warming water, the fact that there was a TON of bait around, or the crap that is floating all over that kept getting on our lines, cables, and lures.

Our brown got knocked off the LOC board (if I could only keep Fishstix off the lake :D ) but Ryan put a 10lb 6oz steelhead on the board today. I'm almost positive it's a skamania. Long and thin with a left clipped fin and clipped adipose.

6-18wShane009.jpg

6-18wShane004.jpg

6-18wShane005.jpg

Bill- are you going to be fishing this weekend? The Oswego guys were catching a few kings. I think if we put some time in out deeper we could do o.k. on them.

Al,

We're planning on going out tomorrow morning and then again over the weekend. I've heard the reports out of Oswego too. I figure we'll start out in search of a brown for the board and then head out for Kings. Check your pm's...........

Al,

Thanks for the reports, keep at it and you will get another one for the board. I hope the Sharks are on the way, it is time to hear the scream of drags on the east end. Keep up the good reports.

Billy,

Good Luck and let us know how you do.

Rich

Damn nice job guys! We've been trying for years to get a fish on the board even if just for a day and you guys have managed to put two fish on it in a week!

We should have gone out with you sunday, we had a lousy day :)

Nick