====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

It has been silent on here this week about Oswego area just wondering if anyone has got out to try it this week and if the fish are in the river now. I was going to try fishing saturday but I don't know if I should be trying the harbor or if they are still out a little deeper. The areas around oswego seem to be reporting fish in the rivers.

Haven't been out myself, but what I've heard from guys on the water is a FEW fish are being taken inside the harbor and the temps outside are way down. A buddy told me he was getting 70 degrees on the bottom out to at least 200 FOW. Also a few reports of some fish in the river. Doesn't this seem to happen to Oswego every year?????

unfortunatly yes, last year was the worst in many years. I couldnt find any fish any where near oswego after the first week in september last year. the temps were very low in 50's all the way to the surface last year due to strong east winds.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Temps don't seem to matter right now, we've had decent success in 80'-100' range even with high temp water. the fish are staging and I've been told that the river has a good number of fish. Harbor patrol time if you don't mind fishing in the merry go-round!

I would reccomend towing the boat over to mexico launch, i usually end my lake season there. Last year we slaughtered them in 80 fow on the12th of sept. You will have a real good chance if you can hit it on a weekday, too many boats on weekends over there for me. T

Seems to be the situation for the past month. Tons of fish being pulled during the week, but as soon as the weekend brigades show up, the fish scatter. Very irritating, but, hey, it's all part of the fun, right?

• 2 weeks later...

We did harbor patrol on the 11th too - nada. Went out in the lake as deep as 80fow and worked our way back in - nada. I don't have downriggers, and 80fow is about as deep as I can get my dipsies.

We marked a small pod on the east side of the river by the green barges that were tied up just down from the gas dock - the only fish we marked in the four hours we were out.

I've been hearing that there are some fish up at the dam - thinking this coming weekend is time to break out the waders.

unfortunatly yes, last year was the worst in many years. I couldnt find any fish any where near oswego after the first week in september last year. the temps were very low in 50's all the way to the surface last year due to strong east winds.

This year seems WAY worse that last year. I pulled earlier that I had planned and I understand I've been joined by others. Fish were/are few and far between. Next year will be a better year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe!!!! Have a great and safe winter everyone.

Gotta believe there are still big pushes of fish to come in - whether they will take a fly or a jplug is another matter. I can't believe the big fall push of salmon into the salmon and Oswego rivers are all already in the harbor or estuary. Had great marks a couple weekends ago, even in the deeper water, just could not get them to go.

Seems that many folks have had poor luck this season, to include us.

Doubt if Fish Hunter II, will be back in the water this year.

All we can do is hope next year will be better for everyone.

BTW, the Walleyes are coming good, on trolled stickbaits, on Oneida.

With the fall coming on soon, bow season in our lap, and getting things squared away for winter, may not even get on Oneida until the hard water season, which we love to do as well. :yes::yes::yes:

Nothing like fresh "eyes", and all the fixin's, for a Saturday night supper!!

The Fishing has been up & down the whole month of September . Mother nature has not been so Kind. Fish are moving into the rivers due to cooler temps & decent flows. Also, it appears we're in For another blow for the weekend (Fri- Sat.) Off shore fishing began to pick up when the lake Laid down Fishing tight to the bottom. Good -Luck if you get a shot this weekend! Capt. Randy

water temp. does matter!!!!!!!!

it always matters,the temp. in front of the big salmon is still 64 degrees as well as all of mexico bay. if that water was 50-55 degrees it would be like a circus in there,not only would the big kings be on the move and active you would also have a mix of browns,steelhead and cohos in there eatin up all the eggs. none of that is happening in the last 3 weeks and the way it looks it won't happen for a while.they just won't hang in front,come from deeper water and head right for the river,no stopping.best bet is probably the rivers. good luck guys.

water temp. does matter!!!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

Saturday morning was up at the dam and the water was like bathwater!! There were a few fish caught around the island at the base of the dam, mostly browns and a couple jack kings... really slow, even though the river was flowing above 3000. Seemed to me like the water level was down a bit, even with the halfway decent flow.

I guess a decent pod of fish moved in Friday night, but didn't go any farther than the power plant. Saw a few nice ones that folks caught off the wall when I was walking out.

I was at the dam today and there were not many fish there at all. I saw a few fish get caught but not many. People need to understand that when the alarm sounds off that the water level is rising to get the hell out fast. I watched several people ignore it and I know at least one had to get rescued after I left. IT IS NOT WORTH RISKING YOUR LIFE TO CATCH A FISH. Be safe out there guys.