Owasco 9/8

MarkNY

had a great day on the lake today. first off i didnt see a single boat on the lake besides mine! man im glad summer is over. went 5 for 8 today landing 5 lake trout. all fish were released. 1 fish was around 20" and the other 4 were nice mid 20" fish and fat. lost a nice brown at the back of the boat and had two other smashing hits on the same rig 45' down, definitely were not lake trout. lake trout were all on a magnum dipsy, 1 setting, 160-200' out, md spin doctor and green e chip hammer fly. i had been losing some lake trout on flies recently and decided to replace the stock hooks that come with the fly with owner stinger trebles so it did seem to make a difference. changed out some spoon hooks with the owners too... the brown hit an echip flasher and michigan stinger blue/green/silver spoon about 45' down. i spent most of the day in 165' of water and marked a ton of bait and fish. in the afternoon, the wind picked up a little more and the bait and fish seemed to dissapear. ran most of the lines up high in hopes of a rainbow to no avail but i think im getting closer, learned a bunch today. best, mark