In need of a heads up on Olcott -

I didn't respond to you PM so I'll post here. I'm leaving tonight after work, hope to get out Friday but by what I'm used to on Erie it's a standard day and saturday and sunday look good. I'll post my results. Monday looks good but didn't look past that and I'll be on my way home at noon on sunday.

3 boats are heading up from Ohio, all experienced fisherman, we will be fishing from the bar to 30 mile so we'll have alot of area covererd.

Hi Guys, really respect that you are excited to get up here without the added draw of a derby/tournament. Some of the best fishing in this area is after Labor day, problem is, I do not remember having 2 back to back major blows that we are experiencing now.

I wish I could give you more of a heads up but we will be out Fri and see what we have to work with. Temp was driven down yet the fish here were not eager to shoot upstream. They were still on a major feed, and the females were primarily silver fish. Keep in mind that it is all relative, what was cool water last week may not be available, and they may adjust to and feed in water that is much warmer.

The bite at the bar was so insane last week I may take my 6 man crew down there, but there should be a fair amount of stagers right out front of Olcott. All applications were working, and yes plugs were coming on, but by far the best remains Spin Doctors with Atomik flies attached. Depending on the angle of the wind tonight we may have cool water in 60', or on the bottom in 140'.

Best of luck to you, and go get your personal best Kings, "for the love of the game".

Thanks Vince, Well I can't catch kings on the couch in Ohio that's for sure!!!

I'll be watching your tweets and I'll be updating mine throughout the weekend as well if you want to follow me any info is good info IMO. I come up for the love of the game as you said when I can. Screaming kings is what draws me in.

A couple other Ohio friends got in on the bar action before the blow and absolutely smoked big fish, I hope our weekend is the same.

the bar was hot for 30+s all last week. fished thurday and hammr fish. 32 and 34 put in boat, broke off

3 ripp cities and landed a few 20-23's in mix.

mostly male but the 32 was fem fatale and filled with egg

blue flys trust me

white spinny

I see the end near, for me is, but you may find them

good luck

vinny did you take a fish in to weigh? I saw you go in toward niag. but a hour later seen you back in the pack?

figured you weighed a big one.

blue flys trust me

Funny you say that! Our first fish took a Glow Blue Lymann, and then we had a shredded hammer go and a UV Dolphin fly. ALL had blue in them. I am not a blue fan for the most part, but on a tough labor day blue took the honors.

Slimy, We shot in Thurs because I ran two trips that day. As many have posted, absolutely incredible Thurs and Fri. Fri we had 3 30+LB fish. If we get 2 more it will break our record from 1989. On Fri, we shot in so my brother who is in a wheelchair wouldn't have to endure the storm that ripped through.

As I sit here waiting for the NFL season to kick-off, the wind is ripping like it will never stop here in Olcott, although they are calling for a better day tomorrow.

Vince,

How far from Olcott is the bar???

Sounds like you have done good there.

Wasnt able to make it up this weekend (truck problems) but next weekend is a sure go.

Hope weather pans out. Need some silver to hit the back side of my boat.... LOL!!

Never fished for kings in september, just always in August. Some have told me to give up for the year. But I need a King fix w a 6 man crew!!!

Thanks,

Josh

slimyfish wrote:

blue flys trust me

Yankee troller wrote:

you say that! Our first fish took a Glow Blue Lymann, and then we had a shredded hammer go and a UV Dolphin fly. ALL had blue in them. I am not a blue fan for the most part, but on a tough labor day blue took the honors.

Did my personal best 31lb king a week ago off Oswego on a Moonshine Rachet Jaw spoon that was mainly blue.

It's mainly blue to human eyes on the surface, but who know's what it appears to a big salmon down 105.

Here's a link to the spoon.

http://www.gloutdoors.com/regularratchetjaw.aspx

First fish I ever caught with it, although I can't ever remember trying it before last Thursday :)

It will see some more playing time.

Slimy, We shot in Thurs because I ran two trips that day. As many have posted, absolutely incredible Thurs and Fri. Fri we had 3 30+LB fish. If we get 2 more it will break our record from 1989. On Fri, we shot in so my brother who is in a wheelchair wouldn't have to endure the storm that ripped through.

As I sit here waiting for the NFL season to kick-off, the wind is ripping like it will never stop here in Olcott, although they are calling for a better day tomorrow.

I agree the fishing was incredible, two 30+s back to back for us. You and I were fishing the same line, so I knew you were pounding big ones too.

I didnt get out fri(boat issue). Might head out sunday though...