Trolling for Pike 9/9

Just got back from Keuka Lake

This time I tried something different.Fishing the North end toward Penn Yan I put out the otter boards and in 20/30 feet of water,roughly at the edge of the weed line and over weed islands, I pulled live bait (mooneyes) on 3 colors of leadcore with 30 feet leaders and an 8 inch steel leader at roughly 1 to 2 mph about 50 feet off to the side. I caught nothing spectacular but in 3 hours it gave me 9 pike and 4 bass.

Does anybody else here ever troll for pike?

i will pull a spoon in the propwash for pike when nothing else works,but i've never trolled like that. sounds like a good setup. i haven't fished kueka much. any big pike ever get caught there?

Last year I caught a few 30+ inchers in November in the eastern arm close to the eastern shoreline in 14 feet of water on the edge of the weed line with live bait. I presume that it holds big ones. I have no idea if there are any muskies.

I troll exclusively for pike when salmon fishing is over. I run large stick baits (cisco kids, mag smithwicks and mag thundersticks off the boards) load the riggers with salmon spoons, keep my leads short on the planner boards and fluctuate my speed alot with S curves. In my opinion fall is the best pike fishing of the year (Last year i trolled up until early december out of the henderson).