River water was cooler than the lake water. Alot of silver fish were taken out of the river.

Alot of those fish in the estuary will move back out for awhile if the lake conditions improve. Also the longer the warm water keeps the incoming fish out, the less time they spend in front in the lake. Whether or not next weekend is better is dependant on the conditions in the lake. If that warm water is still there from top to bottom it will remain tough.

Glen

We worked our way in/around 25 fow just in front of the state park, around the river, and then headed out, pulling J's, and changed up and dropped deeper as we went.

Found a lot of fish in the 125-140 fow range in front of the pond.

Many tied to the bottom, but streakers/lookers as well.

75 ft and down, mostly, but the screen did have action from the surface down.

That big sustained wind we had, sure changed everthing.

Plenty of bait, but the temp is long gone until it stabilizes again, and my suspicion is that once they are in the "hot"(68-70*) water, their feeding activity slows waaaaaaay down, and the lake being as warm as it is, once they catch that cool river water,(we saw 60-62* as well) they get sucked right into it.

Never had a rod fire, so we came back in, and jumped back in the little boat(16' Grumman open boat, 20 hp Merc) and fished(and caught) the river.

Mucho fun, on 10' rods, with 12 lb line.

Did hear(from a reliable source :yes: ) that some folks boated some good fish in 115 fow in the Henderson area, and that might be worth a shot.

Got blanked this weekend and decided to pull the boat. I went from boating 19 kings last season to only 5 this year in the same number of trips! Seems like the Brown Trout bite is much more reliable and this salmon season was a huge disapointment! I will say that I marked a large number of fish Sunday AM in front of the plant in 75 - 110 FOW. No takers which made it even more discouraging. Hoping things improve for those of you with boats still in the water. As for me its hunting season!

fishing has been super tough this fall in the bay. whene i feel a good pattern is setting up, the lake is a washing machine. then whene weather permits, temps are gone and fish are lethargic, bait gets scattered etc etc. all the kings ive taken so far this year were plucked and we had to work hard for even one fish days. fact is the last 3 times out i have failed to establish a pattern and the last attemped yeilded a skunk. i wouldnt give up till its over though. i think something good will happen soon.

From Last Tuesday to this past Sunday the Lake had little to offer. The River had & still has fish on the move. This Fall other than the few days prior to Labor Day has been the worst Salmon fishing I can remember in 17 yrs. I hope there is a late movement into our bay. The weather has definitely had a big role in the fishing but also take inconsideration that 3 yrs ago was the year of the drout with little Salmon return to the Hatchery. This may now be showing it's affects , Big fish - Less Fish?

Capt. Randy

From Last Tuesday to this past Sunday the Lake had little to offer. The River had & still has fish on the move. This Fall other than the few days prior to Labor Day has been the worst Salmon fishing I can remember in 17 yrs. I hope there is a late movement into our bay. The weather has definitely had a big role in the fishing but also take inconsideration that 3 yrs ago was the year of the drout with little Salmon return to the Hatchery. This may now be showing it's affects , Big fish - Less Fish?

Capt. Randy

That was fall of '07, so those were the 2008 year class of stockers and this years 2 year olds/teenagers. Those will be next years matures.

Tim

Capt. Randy

That was fall of '07, so those were the 2008 year class of stockers and this years 2 year olds/teenagers. Those will be next years matures.

Tim

And the Salmon river was supposed to have gotten it's full allotment of fish with the shortages spread out through the west so the impact on the numbers should be minimal in the east next fall.

Glen

Capt. Randy

Tim

And the Salmon river was supposed to have gotten it's full allotment of fish with the shortages spread out through the west so the impact on the numbers should be minimal in the east next fall.

Glen

Ahyup, as the primary hatchery brood stock stream, the SR got it's full stocking and all the other sites got to split what was left over, though the Black River and 18 Mile Creek were designated as backup brood stock locations, so they got a slightly smaller reduction than the other sites.

Tim

Sat We fished all over this weekend from oswego all the way to the trench out to 700. most fish Ive ever seen at one time on a fish finder at the trench. Bottom was absolutely loaded with them. We fished there for 4 hours to take a 12 laker and 12inch laker lol. but thats fishing. A few guys and I mean a few guys did get kings and cohos. Found temp with moors cable out 187 52degrees in trench just the fished didnt want it.

Sun we went out to 400 a little west of Oswego and found suspended fish down 150-180. We set up the two outside scottys with 20lb sharks and went down to see what would happen. 45 minutes later right rigger fires 185 down green chip green fly. Nobody home fired 3 other times fish didnt stay hooked.

Mon checked in front of plant and worked out to 400 again screen loaded. No takers.

The run that supposeably happened was just the first wave of fish. Theres a ton of fish in the lake and weather conditions permitting well have a Late Season blood bath on our hands the next few weeks.

Seacat,

Not sure what size boat you have but the big winds labor day weekend piled up a pretty good size sandbar as you make the turn out to lake from the channel. I was able to get out sat morning but the water level dropped while I was out there and had a hard time getting back in. I almost had to get out to push and heard many other guys on the radio getting stuck and having to get pulled out. Not sure if anyhing has changed since last sat but just a heads up.

Dave