Link for Fall Derby Winners Article

lilboat

From Bill's article Sunday

Richard Priset, an auto mechanic supervisor from Blossburg, Pennsylvania, hauled in a 39 pound, eight ounce king salmon while fishing between the Niagara Bar and Four Mile Creek to take the $20,000 Grand Prize check and make some fishing history in the process.

“It was my first time fishing Lake Ontario and we argued over who was going to reel the fish in,†said Priset .....And it wasn’t easy bringing in the winning fish. At one point they had three fish on at the same time, taking Priset 45 minutes alone to reel in the mighty king. Not bad for the first salmon he has ever caught, in the first derby he has ever fished, on his first visit to Lake Ontario.

First place brown trout was caught by another first-timer to this Great Lake, Andrew Costa of Waynesboro, Virginia...they were trolling the drop off of the Niagara Bar catching king salmon when they stumbled into a 14 pound brown trout. “My first fish was a salmon that was better than 30 pounds, so when I reeled in this 14 pound brown trout I didn’t think it was anything special,†said Costa ... It’s the only brown trout he’s ever caught, on his first trip to Lake Ontario, in the only derby that he’s ever fished.

What do ya say, "beginners luck", 'right place-right time", "that's fishin" or all of the above?