My brothers first musky

My brother and I fished Waneeta yesterday. He was looking for his first musky. Gave up trolling early due to floating weeds. Before making his first cast, Matt decided to practice doing figure eights. After a full minute of nonstop figure eights this fish blasted out from under the boated and hammered his 8" Bagley!!! Never casted! Jumped three times boat side. He was pretty excited. I was happy because I had heard fishing had been tough, and I know there was quite a bit of pressure down there this weekend.

im7n0.jpg

waneta getting pressure? waneta is arguably the most pressured water in all of new york for muskies. those fish have seen everything but a rubber chicken. some decent fisherman fish that lake and know what they are doing. you said that you had a problem w/ weeds, were your rod tips in the water when you were trolling? check out page 5 of lure painting if you have a second. i did a decent one today.

My brother is definitely into it. He has spent some time on the Larry just hadn't caught one yet. I have been promising to take him to waneeta all summer.

We tried running with our tips under water, it helped some. I just couldn't stay confident that we were running clean.

I believe that there was two small tournaments there Saturday.