Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Was wondering if anyone had the chance to get out this week, in that area, and what is the prognosis for the upcoming weekend??

Have not listened to NOAA here this week, but only hopeful that the wind is gonna' take a break, and another group of fish will stage.

Thanks in advance for any info you gents may have.

Scott

This is the latest forecast for the rest of the week and the weekend. Looks good, but we'll see about any temp. I was told earlier in the week that over this past weekend, even in 550+FOW, at 200' down, the water temp was 66 degrees. Something's gotta give!

.SYNOPSIS...

A 29.2 INCH LOW FORECAST TO BE OVER LAKE MICHIGAN THURSDAY

MORNING WILL TRACK EAST ACROSS DETROIT TO JUST SOUTH OF BUFFALO BY

THURSDAY EVENING BEFORE EXITING ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND

THURSDAY NIGHT. A 30.0 INCH HIGH WILL BUILD TO THE SOUTHEAST

ACROSS LAKE ONTARIO FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT BEFORE MOVING OFF THE

EAST COAST ON SATURDAY. A WEAK FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL DROP ACROSS THE

LAKE SATURDAY NIGHT WITH ANOTHER AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING IN

FOR SUNDAY AND MONDAY.

LOZ064-065-160830-

LAKE ONTARIO OPEN WATERS FROM SODUS BAY TO THE SAINT LAWRENCE

RIVER-

1002 PM EDT WED SEP 15 2010

OVERNIGHT

NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH

AND DIMINISHING TO 10 KNOTS OR LESS. WAVES 3 TO 4 FEET SUBSIDING

TO 1 TO 3 FEET.

THURSDAY

SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING EAST AND INCREASING

TO 15 TO 25 KNOTS. RAIN DEVELOPING BY EARLY AFTERNOON. A CHANCE

OF THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET BUILDING TO

3 TO 5 FEET LATE.

THURSDAY NIGHT

EAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST.

RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING...TAPERING OFF

OVERNIGHT. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET BUILDING TO 4 TO 6 FEET.

FRIDAY

NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING WEST AND

DIMINISHING TO 10 KNOTS OR LESS. WAVES 4 TO 6 FEET SUBSIDING TO

1 TO 3 FEET.

FRIDAY NIGHT

WEST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHWEST.

WAVES 1 TO 2 FEET.

SATURDAY

SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING WEST 10 KNOTS OR

LESS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 2 FEET OR LESS.

SUNDAY

NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. WAVES 1 TO 2 FEET.

Misty, we saw you on the trailer up there a couple of times, recently.

Heard the same about the 550 fow info.

Sounds like a good weekend to fish, but hope the fishing itself is going to be the same. :yes:

Misty, we saw you on the trailer up there a couple of times, recently.

Heard the same about the 550 fow info.

Sounds like a good weekend to fish, but hope the fishing itself is going to be the same. :yes:

What make/model boat do you have? I may remember yours.

I'll be up this weekend. Pretty much going to give up on looking for temp and stage at the mouth of the big river. I'm not running to Canada to find colder water. :rofl:

We have a 22 ft Islander rag-top.

Saw you one day, when we were at Jon's Tackle.

You must have just got out of the water, headed north.

We go in/out of Pine Grove, as the camper is right near there.

We fished last Sat Sun and Mon. The temp was down 215 over 400fow on Sat. We did find a pocket of cold water at the trench. 145fow bottom 3 feet 52degrees and loaded with fish. Tried everything but they didnt cooperate. Sun found temp had come up 170down over 400. Had rigger at 185 with 20lb shark take 3 wacks but no one home. Mon temp was about the same marked a town of fish just west of oswego but no takers. Its gonna be a late season this year and I cant wait!!

the way it sounds there are fish in the estuary. any reason why you guys don't anchor up and fish that? i love trolling in the lake, but if the fish are being more cooperative in the estuary i wouldn't hesitate to try it. does it get pretty full of boats in there?

Yes it does! Make sure you use the right hook on your lure. I have seen the guy next to you watch you and then all of a sudden you have a fine. I even saw them take a guys boat at the ramp back in the 80's.

We will be there Saturday AM before hitting the lake. Plenty of fish in the lake to still be had.

We have a 22 ft Islander rag-top.

Saw you one day, when we were at Jon's Tackle.

You must have just got out of the water, headed north.

We go in/out of Pine Grove, as the camper is right near there.

Ok, I think I know your boat. Well, 1 of them. I know there are at least 2 Islanders with the soft tops around (aside from mine). Is yours the older model with the dark blue sides and red stripes or the newer model with the blue & black "whispy" stripes?

It's a 1990, with the thin pin stripes.

We run 2 antennas, with American Flags, and we have a complete arch/launcher system.

If you noticed us at all, last weekend, we were the boat without any fish. :rofl:

We run 2 antennas, with American Flags, and we have a complete arch/launcher system.

If you noticed us at all, last weekend, we were the boat without any fish. :rofl:

Oh, yes, I know your boat. The (2) American flags is a nice touch. Where did you get your arch/launcher from? I've been pondering doing the same to mine.

fished in front of the river mon and thu as the only days the wind allowed us and we found 66-68 degree water,the fish that were there would not touch anything we put out,dodgers,j-plugs and spoons,not a release nor did we see anyone hooked up. we just left there yesterday and the talk on the radio before we left was the same,100 boats and nobody hooking up.if you are going to go i would look offshore around the 100 fow . strong southwest wind wouldn't allow us to get out there. anyways,good luck

Oh, yes, I know your boat. The (2) American flags is a nice touch. Where did you get your arch/launcher from? I've been pondering doing the same to mine.

Misty,

I had the 2" tubing delivered from Pacemaker, in Utica, made the components here, in our machine shop, and I am not the best tig welder, so I had a local guy glue it togather for me.

I also used 2 large threaded knobs,(tube inside tube) so I can take it down, very easily, if need be. :)

Misty,

I had the 2" tubing delivered from Pacemaker, in Utica, made the components here, in our machine shop, and I am not the best tig welder, so I had a local guy glue it togather for me.

I also used 2 large threaded knobs,(tube inside tube) so I can take it down, very easily, if need be. :)

Sweet. It's definitely a nice set-up. The guy I have had up a lot this year for the derbies & tourneys saw your boat a few times and commented on it. He likes the Islanders a lot now. :clap: