radio channel

hay guys I Dont get to fish as much as i likebut when we go i would like to know what channels must monitor ? thisis in case I get in a little trubble or someone else may need help . I am not a chatter box but just whant to be on the right channel if need be . thaqnks and love the site i do check it often Thanks

Boat name JAKOB5PENNIES

sorry thought I did . i fish out of Dollydale lunch it is a privet camp site by the nuke plant

Nine Mile plant? If so, majority of us who run out of the LSR use 78. 68 and 69 are where you'll find some info, but also a lot of chatting. Boats out of Oswego use another channel, but it slips my mind right now. Might be 09?

HAY THANKS A LOT AS I STATED I ONLY LISTEN TO MOST OF U AND I KNOKW U DOND WANT TO HEAR ME . BUT IF I OR SOME ONE ELSE IS IN TRUBLE I WOULD WAND ONE TO HEAR AND HELP WHICH I WOULD DO FOR ANY ONE SEE U ON THE WATER BE SAFE STAY SAFE CATCH OLTTS HAVE FUN THATS INPORTANT OF ALL

FCC requires you to monitor channel 16, the emergency and calling channel. I suppose if something happened to a neighboring boat and you did nothing, you could be held negligent and liable. The Marine Band Radio is a safety item, not an entertainment device and the Government will come down heavy if something happens.

thanks I do monitor channel 16and hope to never use it but i do know of other channels the Captions use. As I stated before i only listen and have never used the channels . I have fished the lake for about five years with no problems yet but there is always the chance. any way thanks for the help hope to meet all of u on the water as always stay safe be safe.