A Tom Mik torpedos

June First

Just got a pair of the 13# torpedos. Some questions I have on them......

Do they run true out of the box or do I need to tune them?

Any advise on storing them so they don't get bent/damaged while not in use?

Or should I just quit worrying about it and go get them wet??

I was really impressed with the quick service (2 days to California :))

also impressed with the heavy duty hardware, as long as they track good I will get another pair as will a few of my buddies out here!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

They track great right out of the box. There is an eye at the back of the tail, don't use it for a rigger release, it'll change the way the torpedos run. Use some sort of release that attached to the cable. I personally like the Scotty releases with the big metal clip.

Tim

Thanks guys, I am running blacks releases so no worries there. I have ordered a couple times from atommik and have been very impressed every time........

Any idea of how much blowback I will have at 250' at 2.5mph? ( we have to go alot deeper out here to find 42-48* water;))

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I get maybe 8 feet of blowback at 100 feet down with those weights. If thats any help. I would have to guess that you would get at least 20 feet blowback or so at that depth. They track very straight and I also use blacks releases with them. Your speed and under water current will affect your blowback so you will have to take that into consideration.

I started using them last month after I lost a Shark weight, and I am very happy with them and how well they track. I put a torpedo out on one side and a Shark on the other side. Dropped them to the same depth and the blowback was noticably less with the torpedo. :yes:

A-TOM-MIK does not carry 10's

But I have seen them in the past

The original company that had 10's were called "Slim Darters"

They have since gone out of business as why we made our first mold back in the 80's

The heavier 15.5# mold was created in 2009

We have no plans on making a smaller weight as of now

But like I said there are some around

Tom

I purchase them this year after loosing a pancake weight. And they run better than the pancakes do. If they made them in 20lbs i'd buy them. I purchased the 15's. But they weigh around 16 pound accourding to my scale. So if your downrigger cant handle over 15 becareful of that.

What I do with the eye at the end of the weight is I use some kind of a attactor to it. On one I run a homemade rig I came up with. I use a snap swivel attact by a steel leader only 6 inches long. with a "action disk" head and a e-chip on the end.

The other weight I run some kind of a sent bomb. I took a old film canaster and put a great number of holes on all sides to it. I then put a hole in the top and bottom to attach again a snap swivel and 6" steel leader to it. I put a spong into the film canaster to soak up the sent. And then just load the sponge with the attactor and put the lid on.

I dont know if it works or not. But I look at it as it can't hurt.