Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 2

Total Boated: 1

Species Breakdown: Steelhead

Hot Lure: Deciever Fly Pattern (blue/white)

Trolling Speed:n/a

Down Speed: n/a

Boat Depth: n/a

Lure Depth: n/a

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

boy guys... tough crowd. I don't think he trolls like the rest of us. Maybe uses his fly rod close to shore hence why te speed and such was left blank and stated a fly as his hot lure

capt scott welcome to the site and thanks for posting a report before we curse you for selling something on here with out contributing :yes:

Boy,

Tough crowd. My first post ever. Mr. "Salmonite" is correct. My report reflects fishing with a fly rod from both pier and beach in the Webster , NY area. I am a certified US Coast "Captain" with over 20 years on the Ocean waters. I am also an Orvis Endorsed Fising Guide. If you commented in a negative maner about my first post, try to be less an ass on your next comments about my post. Chances are you think you are a "fisherman" or a "captain" or something, but your not much of anything. Your probably a worm chucking, spoon draggin, bait boy. Not much sport or skill in draggin spoons on a lake. Try it 80 miles out on the ocean, overnight, trolling for Big Eye Tuna. :D Getover yourself, its Lake Ontario guys. It;s fishing.

:rofl:

How about I take my lowly spinning rod with one of those unsightly pieces of painted metal on it and clear out that pool for you so you don't get your artfully and masterfully hand tied, perfectly presented flys, roughed up by those pesky trout. :rofl:

Shouldn't take me long and I'll be out of your way.

Don't sweat the report thing you'll get the hang of it. After some practice you will be able to present that report as skillfully as your fly so even us unsportsmen like unskilled spoon draggers can interpret it. :rofl:

Thanks for your service and welcome to the site.

Glen

:rofl:

How about I take my lowly spinning rod with one of those unsightly pieces of painted metal on it and clear out that pool for you so you don't get your artfully and masterfully hand tied, perfectly presented flys, roughed up by those pesky trout. :rofl:

Shouldn't take me long and I'll be out of your way.

Don't sweat the report thing you'll get the hang of it. After some practice you will be able to present that report as skillfully as your fly so even us unsportsmen like unskilled spoon draggers can interpret it. :rofl:

Thanks for your service and welcome to the site.

Glen

thats pretty funny! :rofl:

Boy,

Tough crowd. My first post ever. Mr. "Salmonite" is correct. My report reflects fishing with a fly rod from both pier and beach in the Webster , NY area. I am a certified US Coast "Captain" with over 20 years on the Ocean waters. I am also an Orvis Endorsed Fising Guide. If you commented in a negative maner about my first post, try to be less an ass on your next comments about my post. Chances are you think you are a "fisherman" or a "captain" or something, but your not much of anything. Your probably a worm chucking, spoon draggin, bait boy. Not much sport or skill in draggin spoons on a lake. Try it 80 miles out on the ocean, overnight, trolling for Big Eye Tuna. :D Getover yourself, its Lake Ontario guys. It;s fishing.

you need to lose the pathetic, arrogant, elitist attitude if you plan on staying here. Get over yourself as well.

Tim

Some guys would rather be out in the boat pulling their plug while others prefer standing on the shore whipping their fly. Either way it's a thrill to have something bite the bait. :$:o:D:D

CS - welcome to the board. Get any pictures?

Tom B.

(LongLine)

would love to hear more about catching big fish as webster park. i grew up in webster and fished the pier in the 1980's in my teens before the pier/break wall rocks and goby's ruined the experience. used to catch 20 small mouth a night there and ride my bicycle home. brought nothing more than my meps # 3 and pack of camel's.

had to sell my fly gear but have good casting gear...where abouts were you? at the mouth of the creak? on the jetty? what time of day? i remember as a kid hanging out at the creek seeing all the dead salmon...

Dear Captain Scott: Nobody on this forum is (bustin on you). Its been a tough year fishing this lake and we go to this open discussion to try to put something together for the next time out. We are sorry if we offended you. Do not hesitate to post future reports about your expeditions on lake O, regardless of method! Fishing this massive piece of water is only a small piece of my annual program on the water, i will fish for anything that swims with any method. Including fly rods with yes, home tied flies. All of the people i've met and fished with on the big lake to date are just fun lovin folk. Yes there is sport in draggin spoons, lets see you pick the one thats gonna work! TANGLER

it was nice meeting you by chance at webster park..gave it another 30 minutes and quit...but ill be back..i can see the spot has potential. be in touch

another pretty cool spot is the Seth Green public fishing area on the Genesee River...just started fishing it. My first and only time there, very first cast I hooked something very large on a shallow diving rapala. I could see the shape of the fish but it shook off....trout or salmon my guess...i got three small mouth after that. seems like a good fly rod spot i think, and nice scenery too...ill probably be down there thursday early evening

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_ ... aterck.pdf