Blacks releases ??

June First

I've got a question on using Blacks releases..... is there any way to attach the line to the release without it slipping? I followed the directions on the package, (twisting line before attaching to release) and the line slips when I preload my rod tip. Within minutes I have zero setback :@:@

I like the idea of these releases and really hope someone has a suggestion. Many of you use these releases and I am sure someone here can help me out.

JF - Yep that's it. I'd like to know how you're twisting the line. If twisting comes undone & you only end up with 3 twists then it will definitely slip. I never go over 6 because with mono, if you troll too long the twist will cut into the line. It'll become a weak spot and you'll be able to feel the distortion in the line when you reel it in.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

That's the way to do it. You've got me stumped. What kind of line are you using? Is it really stiff? Iused to use Maxima before they stopped carrying bulk spools around here & have switched to P-Line with good sucess.

Tom B.

(LongLine)