Grass carp?

Deaf Fisherman

I went out same spot where i caught my carp. I only could fishing for 30 minutes so i caught one small carp but it is look like silver blend with brown color with bass like mouth. unlike common carp.

I wonder is it grass carp? im not sure because I caught it in black creek. i tried to search if there has one in black creek but found nada about it. so can anyone tell me if it was possible it is grass carp.

i searched google about grass carp. they are more likely same one i caught. it weight like 8 pounds give or take. i was dumb enough to forget to take picture of that fish. I wish I could show picture to confirm it. But it was around with common carp. one of them was bright silver color and wayy bigger than common carp in group. you can easily hand pick that fish out of all common carp in there.

Wow... I've never caught a grass Carp... I'm looking forward to see how you do on them... I would think you would fish them the same way, but I'm not to sure, I'm going to call My buddys in England tonight to see how they fish them, I'll let you know... in the mean time keep at it Bud... :clap:

Wow, that's fantastic, I'm not to sure if we have Grass Carp over here.... I talk to a lot of Carp Anglers from around the world here on the Long Sault Parkway on the St. Lawrence river... And none has ever mentioned that they had caught on or ever seen one... I'll be looking real close this Spring in the Spawning beds. Open invitation to you and your buddies if you ever want to come over for a weekend to fish for Carp, like i said to DF... just bring rain gear, i can out fit up 8 fisherman with equipment... over here we are only allowed to use one rod... in N.Y. you are allowed 2.. we hope to get this changed soon, but 30 to 40 fish a day is common here. check out the Gallery on this site, the owner Jeff is a good friend and a great Carp guide.

http://www.canadiancarpclub.on.ca/

I would love to do that some day. Thanks for the offer. I have only caught grass carp out of ponds. Find a large pond that someone has stocked them in. They can be really tricky. I figured out the bread fly watching grass carp and common carp eat cotton wood off the surface. We started chumming with bread and got them to eat it on a regular basis. It is hard to cast without spooking them. Any quick moves and it puts them down. You have to cast in the area the fish is swimming (most of the time they feed off the surface in a straight line), and make your cast about 6'-8' ahead of the fish. Long leaders are also a must.