Q_nV0.jpg

foils/ black perch's

Q_vor.jpg

glittered niagara river walleye w/ pearl scale

Q_RQJ.jpg

white tiger/ orange belly

R03jr.jpg

night shiner black perch

tonight i think i need to do some firetigers (green and orange), some green perch's and solgrande is gonna have me do some gold foiled niagara river walleyes. i am also doing a green foiled perch for myself. getting ready for next weekend tournament! anyone else getting excited? i am starting @ 12:01am friday night and pulling another all nighter/ all dayer again just trying to beat solgranded at all means necessary. lol :rofl: . take care and good fishing. zach baker

p.s. oh i almost forgot- go catch a fattie as long as its smaller than mine. lol. 8)

anyone else getting excited?

Nitro-if you look in the first picture, your name's on the one on the right, i write everyones name on them if i know them or if its for a gift. hooks? who needs stinking hooks? no, i add the best hooks i have ever found for muskies. VMC conecuts, the same ones that went through my pinky finger w/ no effort at all. i will post some more pics when i get the others done. i have also been working on a bigger more streamlined deep diver to try to get down where legend perchbaits go. i will post a pic of those later also. its 7.5" and a huge lip and a perch profile. i am making some just for the tourney for myself but have around 25 blanks cut to do at a later time. take care and thanks guys, i mean it! :yes:

is there any place you would recommend for this week/ time of year/ time of day for good pike WITHOUT a boat. any tips on what to use, where to go, when, anything like that would be great. i tried all year with very little success (literally, i caught ONE 11" pike this year) LOL. I live in greece but am willing to go a little ways if there is a promising spot. Anyone, let me know anything you got. THANKS!!

is there any place you would recommend for this week/ time of year/ time of day for good pike WITHOUT a boat. any tips on what to use, where to go, when, anything like that would be great. i tried all year with very little success (literally, i caught ONE 11" pike this year) LOL. I live in greece but am willing to go a little ways if there is a promising spot. Anyone, let me know anything you got. THANKS!!

There are public boat launches where you should be able to shore fish at Howland Island and Mosquito Point on the Seneca River. My friend has a camp near these and says his neighbors catch pike from their docks, so shore fishing at those 2 launches might be worth a try. You might try posting this question as a separate Topic too.

nitro- you toss those chatter-baits much? i have always looked at them and just was like so-so but they do intrigue me somewhat but have never used one. do you think they are better than a spinnerbait? joe clutch- i happen to have faith in spinnerbaits especially anything w/ white or chartreuse and silver blades. you can't beat a dardevle in red/white or chartreuse w/ spot or a mepps #5 in chartreuse tail, imo. i think pike minnows would be good if you found a good spot but they would take too long to find out even if the fish (pike) were there imo, plus it sucks buying bait if you don't go through it all. i would stick to casting and never rule out any rapala also. i personally use a leader on my rigs as i have lost a few "good ones" by tying direct. good luck and just think theres always ice fishing at braddocks if you want your pike fix. lol.

p.s. also try the bridge by the willow inn on braddocks right by the kayak shop both sides of the road (you live in greece right?)(not sure if its salmon creek or west creek sorry bud) but find the willow in and thats where i am talking about. you can stop by there everyday and take a few casts and sometimes they will be there and sometimes they won't but it only takes 10-15 minutes when you only have a short time to get out (plus there is a decent crappie run in there by the docks and bridge in the spring time). take care a go stick a northern!

My wive bought me the chatterbait 'kit' for christmas a couple years back. I thought they were basically a gimmick, and never really gave them a decent try... then a few weeks ago when nothing was working I thew one on...nailed a 28 incher to end the day... Threw them again last time out and had a bunch of action on them. Matter of fact, I put in an R&H order this morning in prep for the tourney and picked up two muskie sized chatterbaits, so yeah I'm pretty intrigued too.

for pike at least, it seems the heavier headed ones are best. not sure what weight that is exactly, but the heavier of the two sizes I have falls faster on the rip/pause giving it a more erratic action. only thing i don't like about them is you have to give them a pretty fast pull to get them to chatter, so they make a good search bait but not so good when they want a very slow presentation.

not to get too excited but this batch i am working on now is going to be the best yet. i painted the foil w/ solid pearls and turned it green for the perch and gold for the walleyes. looks neat to me but what do i know?

thanks jeremy, good to see you on here. i actually went down to the genny for a day of salmon fishing last week. you would have been proud of me! i was pulling big kwik-fish and chart head/ silver body was hot. no other color got hit more than once other than that one. i did a few mud-sharks and got my fix for the year. i got all males if you can figure that one out tell me. are the males just more aggressive or what? i was using my trolling motor to move side to side and slipped up and down stream above the island to "pete's". sort of like a drift boat but no oars. just me sitting in the boat seat next to the rod holders w/ the trolling motor control right at my feet. it was funny b/c i must have grabbed the steering wheel like 20x trying to turn the boat instead of moving the foot pedal since the prop wasn't even in the water. anyways- take care jax, congrats on another great year on the lake for you and u still looking to paint that boat?