June 9&10 - Caught some good LM on bays relating to structure like breakwalls and wood. They were hitting Senkos, and Jigs fairly well. Smallmouth were hanging in 8-12' of water but ther size wasnt there.

June 16 - Found the larger SM and they were chaising schools of emerald shiners in 6-12 FOW. Jerkbaits worked the best, but when you couldnt see them I was drop-shotting them off the ledges.

June 16th registration for state tourney - Found out I couldnt fish the state tourney due to the fact I never paid a new national due. :evil: :evil: :evil: SOB! I had about 12-13lbs located in 3 fish that I could of plucked first thing tourney morning. Anything after that was bonus. So there goes the summer! No dreams of the state team this year.

June 17th - Fished an open tourney on Sodus and did average with about 10lbs. Fishing was tough for the biog guys. As many 1-1.5lb bucks as you wanted though.

You guys are missing it. Jig fish or drift with light tackle and there a lot of fun not to speak of good table fair. Not the same as yanking bass off the beds or out of weed beds with heavy rods and line.

Trust me....I'm not missing it. Just being a bit agreeable with YT. Pound for pound they are not even close to the best fighters but....they're elusive and challenging. In fact, they are the species I target 95% of my time on the water.

Trust me....I'm not missing it. Just being a bit agreeable with YT. Pound for pound they are not even close to the best fighters but....they're elusive and challenging. In fact, they are the species I target 95% of my time on the water.

bosco: That's what I was gettin at. ;)

Have to agree with L&M, Though a nice smallie can put up a fight, There is no doubt that walleye are one of the hardest fish to target, at least on lake O (excluding Quinte). The last couple times i have been to Mud bay, or any of the other areas for walleye, i have been skunked. Which makes me hate walleye fishing too.

DOUG|

They are easy to catch! Go to Lake Erie or Quite. It would be like me saying King Salmon fishing on Erie is tough and I hate it. :lol: OK, I know the 1000 Islands area has more Walleye than Erie has Salmon, but ou get my point.

Bass put up nice fights! And its one on one with them unlike Salmon fishing where there are 3-6 guys on board.