Dalmation spinny and purple mirage fly

jsmac51

Saw a lot of references to this combination on the boards this summer but could not find a purple mirage fly on Atommik's web site. Can someone please assist?

:D Lol :D I had just about given up looking for this season, thanks for putting the question out there. I have been in search mode myself.

Thanks for the answers :clap::beer::yes:

Jeremy and jsmac51 & POPS911

This all started with Bob Songin, Bob Stevens and crew, Joe Toomey etc.

Can get you guys some, will try to get it on our site in the future for purchase.

(If I don't get to it please send me an e mail, will do it)

There is actually a "purple mirage" fly and it was ran by all the guys that these captains converse with, it is one of our Dalmation combo's in question.

Even has several patterns very similar due to success.

Jeremy is correct that most anglers in the west end simply run bead colors but only due to it being the easiest way to add some flavor to our stock mirage flies that have been so good there for the last 5 years or so

Bob Stevens was the 1st to pick up on it and to start running this non-stock pattern back then

It has been doing justice ever since

I am sure you possibly have some Jeremy, would be a #81 for staffers, not listed on our site

Tom

Was wondering that myself Rick :lol:

I will find out exactly what beads the guys were using in reference to the original post and our #81 purple mirage fly (: Both Bobs use a lot of green beads is all that comes to memory at the moment

Like I said there were a couple different patterns of ours that were hot, the flies in question that were talked about on the report "boards" from that end of the lake were actual "purple mirage" flies, it is a different laminated film (fly material) than the stock mirage most anglers are use to, it came from Tim Dawidiuk (Howie Fly) about 5 to 6 years ago as he sold it to us for our manufacture.

Will get them on our site for next season,

Tom

Hey Rick and Jeremy, wasn't that long ago a lynching would of taken place for an attempted hijacking of that nature !!!!!

Only the said culprit was 100% innocent and was almost barred then banned for life ala. SalmonCrazy ..... to yours truly :(

Can't imagine if said culprit would of actually been guilty, holy smokes............ shackles, public maiming the works !!!

:whew:

Jeremy and jsmac51 & POPS911

This all started with Bob Songin, Bob Stevens and crew, Joe Toomey etc.

Can get you guys some, will try to get it on our site in the future for purchase.

(If I don't get to it please send me an e mail, will do it)

There is actually a "purple mirage" fly and it was ran by all the guys that these captains converse with, it is one of our Dalmation combo's in question.

Even has several patterns very similar due to success.

Jeremy is correct that most anglers in the west end simply run bead colors but only due to it being the easiest way to add some flavor to our stock mirage flies that have been so good there for the last 5 years or so

Bob Stevens was the 1st to pick up on it and to start running this non-stock pattern back then

It has been doing justice ever since

I am sure you possibly have some Jeremy, would be a #81 for staffers, not listed on our site

Tom

Tom,

I had ordered about $100 worth of combos from you last year for this past season, has no success with any patterns I tried this summer except for wonderbread/wonderbread and that only on my last outing. I want to get better with this method but there is so much and I know so d@mn little. I don't have unlimited bucks for tackle so have to try to purchase stuff that has a strong possibility of working (realizing that with my undeveloped skill and knowledge base it is all pretty much a crap shoot and there are no guarantees). Are you going to offer the above referenced combination on your site prior to next season. Also may I email you?

Jim

I posted that a purple mirage fly was just mirage with purple beads just like a green mirage is a mirage fly with green beads and so forth. Then I thought later some one would call me out because there are different color mirages out there so I post the pic's of them. Never said anything about buying from us just trying to help some guys out that had the same problem I had years ago, looking all over for a purple mirage and not being able to find it. You always have to becareful on these sites because people want to try and start trouble for no reason. Remember Tom when people were all over you because you gave out free shirts and then didnt get them sent on time for a couple peoples liking? No good deed goes unpunished. I also send guys to Tom all the time for spin docs, cant remember the last time I sent them any place else. I think if I pay for a year around banner I can at least post when people have questions.As far as hijacking the thread, please buy those mirage flies you want from Tom, I need a break after this summer, BW

Jeepers I am sorry I posted anything now. I wasn't trying to start any controversy or dreate dissent and disagreement. All I wanted was to clarify for my own knowledge. If I have produced hard feelings as a result of my inquiries then I apologize deeply. I bought from ATOMMIK because they were closest to me and this is all very new to my wife and I. I meant no slight or anything like that as far as BIGWEENIES products.

Hey Jsmac, Not a problem Tom makes good stuff I was just trying to help.I know from a newbies point of view it can be confusing. Like I said I looked every where for purple mirage mylar and green mirage and thought I must be stupid because everyone else seemed to have it but me. ;) The 2 pics I posted are flashabou which is different than what Tom uses and I didnt think it would upset people. Good luck, BW

Once the "A" word gets mentioned, it seems like ya gotta walk on eggshells :( I thought it was all kinda harmless. Why can't we just have fun and share information on this site anymore without some compadre getting their panties in a bunch :(

jsmac51 please send your e mail address to [email protected]

Usually it has more to do with a few other specifics like speed and various presentations

Since the year 2000 when various attractors & flies (Jensen and Howie namely) became popular again many anglers have had their share of struggles

We have heard from countless anglers for many years that their programs just weren't cutting it, but once all the variables began to click for many, you saw attractor/flies dominate in many areas. A-TOM-MIK had its work cut out trying to prove the potential that only a few new already existed. We took a very good existing product that was on the market at that time and we made it better. A small idea floating around the Oswego area in a "Tournament Harness" turned into one of the most popular (if not the most popular) trends used on Lake Ontario today.

Anyway your not alone trust me, but once it starts to click and you make it all come together you will be on your way like the rest of us (:

Drop me that e mail

and BTW, you did absolutely nothing wrong, it's just the nature of the beast in our sport, comes with the territory and will never go away

TYVM

Tom

as far as walking on eggshells..... a simple request was made by an angler who had followed a reports board, the request referred to a specific manufacturers product. No different than an angler asking about purchasing a Big Jon downrigger and wondering how and where to get it, then having a response come in to showcase a Cannon, if the angler in question had wanted to know about a Cannon he would of asked about it. Pretty simple

The Big Jon guys and the Cannon guys will all get their chance to bring their ideas into play and answer questions on their product, why the need to hijack "manufacturer interest" ? (as it is the hardest feat to create) and will always have that high probability to create tension.

:worried:

as far as walking on eggshells..... a simple request was made by an angler who had followed a reports board, the request referred to a specific manufacturers product. No different than an angler asking about purchasing a Big Jon downrigger and wondering how and where to get it, then having a response come in to showcase a Cannon, if the angler in question had wanted to know about a Cannon he would of asked about it. Pretty simple

Yes Tom, and we both know my eggshell comment runs a lot deeper than this post ;)

If people are going to be "called out" for hijacking, then It would be nice to see consistancy....that's all. Many of us have all been witness to (and guilty of) countless "hijackings" on this site. You have done it yourself more than once, as I'm sure I have as well. BW was just trying to help a fellow out.

To all of a sudden pick on this post and call it out is lame!!

That's all I'm saying...time for me to move on 8)

I'm guilty of hijacking a BW thread???

Hmmm? Can you refresh my memory just a bit and show me where ??? since you feel "I have done it more than once"

"Helping out" and steering someone in an opposite direction is a bit different

Then trying to play it off as "Helping out" seems a bit more lame to me :doh:

Rod sent you a pm

Tom

I never said a BW thread, did I? No...I don't recall you ever "hijacking" a BW thread Tom. But I do recall a few Pro Am moments :D Hey, my only point is many of us have all done it innocently enough. If it's gonna start to be called out, then fair enough, but lets all be consistant about it.

Time to move on...no PM needed...I'm still getting over the last one :D

Then trying to play it off as "Helping out" seems a bit more lame to me.

Tom, I have been nothing but helpful to guys when ever I can.I didnt try and steer anyone anyplace. I got to fish 0 times this year and was way to busy taking care of dogs and making sure our tackle shops had everything they needed this year as july and aug for a shop makes there year in a lot of cases. If not fishing, and working on orders 16 hours a day 7 days a week is what it takes we did it.For me to worry about selling a couple mirage flies is stupid. BW