any fleas yet?

I'm heading up for my first trip of the year this week and I was wondering if anyone noticed any sea fleas yet on the east end of the lake. I figured it was early in the year for fleas, but I wanted to check before I spooled my reels. Thanks guys.

No fleas yet, but cotton type stuff. Not sure exactly what it was, but seemed to be some sort of those seeds that float off trees all mushed togeter to form an almost cotton substance. It was nerely impossible to rip off the line and had to be unwrapped. Only good thing was it didn't slide down your line to your lure while trolling and when you reel in it would slide down the line no problem. So not too bad of a nuisance.

Nick

musky,he was talking about the fleas in the water not the boat get a collar befor sodus, hey we need to scramble up a observer check on your end ill look here,,redneck Y. couldnt get the time off

. ;(

No problem Ray. Do we need another team member too or is it just gonna be the two of us? I'll carry a can of Raid just in case things get too bad.

Nick,

That would be the seeds from the cotton wood trees. It covers the surface of the lake, a pain in the arse if it gets down to the lures, but not as bad as the fleas on the line.

Rich

Fished out of Oswego Yesterday. Heavy accumulation of fleas on the lighter lines and even some on the 30 pound dipsy wire just above the dipsy.

Me too, had to clear the lines about every half hour. ;( No fish, just fleas.