North Side Off Oshawa June 17/07

Sunday Morning

Got out early (5:30 am) Lake wasnt to bad for waves but had some good rollers, just to make it interesting. Had heard from some of the others that they were marking large balls of bait fish in 40 fow- 100 fow on Saturday so we had to try shallow first. Put out blue spoons @ 55' with cheater 15' above on one side on the other put out anchovie on dipsy with Chartreuse flasher on one rod and black/white NK on the other. Around 6:30 24 lb. salmon hit and just about spooled me. So nice to finally have a big dog scratch the itch. Continued to run east 80-100 fow Next salmon 20 lbs. hit the anchovie about 7:45 . Two larger salmon on same day this early for the north side is amazing. Finally ended the morning with a 12 lb. rainbow for the BBQ.

Thanks for the N shore report. I ve got a couple questions. First is about the blue spoons. silver blue? all blue? I didnt run much blue till last yr and Im working on my blue spoon setup.

We have the same ,bait piles all over , but the salmon are almost nonexistant . Im in the SE central part of the lake.

The blue spoons are blue with silver reflective strip black/red eye believe they are made by RAC. I have had good success with an all blue( no eye) last year. RAC also makes a purple /blue spoon with reflective strip that worked well last year.

We marked all kinds of larger fish from 30' down to 65' ( groups of 4-6) on the screen at times

Thanks for the report from the North shore! I have a questions for you too. I assume that you are fishing whole anchovies. If that is correct, do you have a local supplier or brand name that you use? I used to use whole anchovies very effectively, but the source dried up and I haven't been able to get them for a couple of years.

Thanks,

Paul