Irond. Bay

kappy

Found a mixed bag of nice ones and dinks Saturday. The pattern was that they were sitting either right on the ledges or just on the drop offs. Had my wife in the boat so it was not a real serious effort, but the bite on that pattern was steady. Lots of white perch mixed in.

Threw everything back but could have made a meal out of some of the better ones. I think it's just starting to get interesting. Will be out again in the next few days. 1/16 oz jigs with small Berkley minnows or just bits of worm were doin' it.

Good Luck

Grady

thanks for the replies WW and Grady, I will report saturday night or Sunday, If my bud

still wants to go, he has the boat, If not, I guess I am stuck at the outlet, may even try the piers at the river. I do pretty well there this time of year, feed the seagals pretty good too, the chomp them gobies up.. that is one fall back off the piers,

yep looks like is off the piers, bud made other plans..

Did 26 biguns in fair haven on Saturday. Mostly deeper water, over 24 feet, a lot on worms and fatheads. A few over 12 inches, most 9-11, with a TON of throwbacks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Fished Ibay this morning,7:30-12:00 or so.to of us kept around 50-60 perch 9-11". We started out getting dinks then the keepers moved in, I thought we might limit out but they turned off,Oh well thats fishin. If the sun fish were bigger we could have limited out on them.Those 5" gills felt like 12" perch. The guys that got there late didn't do well. The rain started so we called it a day.Talked to some fellow percher's at the ramp that donated there catch to our cooler.I never thought to ask if they were LOUer's. How about you guys with the two Star Craft's,you members? Well they were still nice guys. 8):yes:

I'm thinking it was just an early school of mostly male and I don't think it was a very large school, the boats on either side of us didn't do much. I think it was a small school wandering around and we got lucky, but its a start. I noticed last fall when we were into them good the wind was out of the south like today and it switched to the north east and it turned them off. It was trying to do the same thing today and they turned off. Watch the wind when your out and see if it happens. Hope there's a ton of them on the way in. :)

I probably went past you guys this morning in the Grady thinking I could get out for some browns. My father just doesn't have sea legs anymore. The lake was probably at 3to4 footers. It didn't look that bad as I drove by Duran. Anyways picked up some fatheads and headed down to the markers in the whaler. Not much happening. Bounced around to some other spots and only managed 4 keepers which went back b4 the rain around 12pm. Good luck. Bill

Hey Bill, we saw you go out and come back,figured it was ruff out there. We were in the 20ft. Lund on the west side of the channel. they hit early and turned off early. Sorry your dad can't handle the ruff water anymore. Mike.

Fishing drop-offs from 20-40' has been making me go through a pound of minnows a day, but I am fishing dark to dark...

Also, can say i've not seen any other boat doing well but I dont go to a spot if there are other boats and move if someone shows up...Just a personal preference thing...

One of these years i'll actually fish the 7 and 8 marker's but would take a vacation day when the weather is terrible to avoid the armada...

• 10 months later...