20 lb vrs. 30 lb wire

I was hoping to get some opinions from those who have used both the 20lb & 30 lb wire from AFW. How does it compare to Mason? Besides greater depth, what are the advantages/disadvantages of the 20lb wire? Do you experience many breakoffs with the 20? Which do you prefer...20lb or 30lb, Mason or AFW ?

Thanks!!

I've run both sizes but only from Mason. The 20# took more hits than the 30# and the amount of fleas was relatively the same. I now no longer have 30# wire, all four are setup with 20. Cant say that I had anymore breakoffs with the lighter, just watch for spots as usual and you should be fine.

I don't think the fish care guys. Do you think they swim over to the wire and see if it is 20 or 30 lb, silver vs camo etc. :D The only issue is depth fished. Above 100' down fish #30. If you are trying to target below 100' it is going to have to be a mag dipsy with #20 wire.

Hey Rod ...... I use the 20 pound wire that A-Tom-mik has I usually troll 1.7mph I noticed at that speed 1 foot out is 1foot down to 50 feet and then it seems to go a little more I can see the diver on the graph then the blowback takes it out of the cone .... I know one thing ,you can feel the fish blink with the 20# ,but I never used the 30# though .....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Rod, Years ago I ran both & did not have a problem with break offs. 20# runs deeper. Today I only run 30# Torpedo Wire 3 poles with 19 strand & 1 with their new 7 strand.

If you run 19 strand, you need to use a roller tip pole. Both the 19 & 7 strand are softer & more flexible than the other brands. Any questions send me a pm.