Anyone fishing the north end of Cayuga

Has anyone fished the north end of Cayuga lately? We presently have our boat docked in Union Springs until we pull it in a few weeks and we are planning to fish in the Aurora, Levanna and Dean's Cove area. I know some are doing well near Sheldrake and south, but I don't want to run the 15 miles to get there at this time of the year. Any info would be appreciated.

Fished out of deans cove oct 6&7 trolled north in about 100-200 fow area down 55-75 down temp was 57-59 degrees we caught a male rainbow 4.5lbs and a female rainbow 6.0lbs and some dink rainbows and some dink landlocks. I am not from there i was on vacation we also fished south from deans cove neer a point were there was something sticking out of the water.I think kind of across from long point we caught some more dink rainbows and and just before there we caught a nice laker 6.12lbs well good luck fishing.

biglaker,

Thanks for the report.

My guess is the thing you saw in the water at the point is the red marker at Sheldrake Point. I don't know if the bottom around there is conducive to lake trout spawning, did you keep the fish and if so, male or female?

The kids have Monday off school, so maybe we can get some water time the next few days.

Greg