Just bought about 30 spoons, all with single hooks. the previous owner stated that he only uses single hooks, but I ever asked why. I noticed all the lures I purchase new all come with treble hooks. Are treble hooks preferred over single? Is there any difference when fishing with them? (Sorry, shoulda posted this in tackle section. My bad)

single hooks and treble hooks both have their fans. Some guys swear that you hook more with trebles but also lose more, and with singles you don't hook up quite as much but land a higher percentage of what you do hook.

I fish em however they came out of the package and have never really noticed a significant difference either way. AS long as the spoons run good (the hook is the proper weight for the spoon to have it's intended action) I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Tim

single hooks and treble hooks both have their fans. Some guys swear that you hook more with trebles but also lose more, and with singles you don't hook up quite as much but land a higher percentage of what you do hook.

:yes: